terrace decoration help !!!!

Moderator: Izhar

Areeba Hamza
City: Lahore

terrace decoration help !!!!

Post by Areeba Hamza »

Hi,
i have no knowledge about gardening whatsoever but i really want to know about certain specific things which would immensely help me. I want to decorate my terrace with some beautiful plants and flowers. I would like to know that in this season,winters,which plants and flowers should i buy? should i buy flowers which remain for a long time or should i go for seasonal flowers and which ones to be specific?
pleaseeee help me out and also if u know about any good nursery in lahore? i would really appreciate your help

thanks
areeba hamza
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Re: terrace decoration help !!!!

Post by tweedle2009 »

Welcomon board areeba.

Would you please be specific about how much space you e on your terrace?I'd suggest you to go for a mix of both.Get multi grafted bougenvillas,wisterias in large pots.Grow pansies,petunias,begonias,impatiens in decorative baskets.Hang them.

Grow gerberas and roses in pots.Go for porcelain pots in colors like Green,Orange and yellow.
Areeba Hamza

Post by Areeba Hamza »

hi
thank u so much for the help really appreciate it..... the terrace is big, its in a semi circle shape with a narrow ending....currently it has some plants which act as a curtain actually and it also has big a/c unit which adds to its hideousness :(...ill add a picture for a clearer idea
kindly share any ideas with me regarding this terrace and also specify plants which stay all year round....
thank u
Attachments
p3.jpg
pic2.jpg
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

AoA & wellcome on the boad.as Adnan said go for mix.grow some evergreens,annuals,vines & evergreen flowering plants.what i will add more choose fragrant plants,so you can enjoy while sitting on the terrace.color is most important.plant Rangoon climber in a pot.its fragrance is very cool in the evening in summer.to add color plant some bogenvillas.so your grill will get some color plus fragrance.plant Gardenia florida & night scented jasmeen(raat ki rani).change your existing black ficus with Ficus Hawaie so you can add colorful foliage plus Hawaie do not drop foliage in the winter.plant some roses in large pots.choose fragrant roses because of the limited space you have.plant desi gulab,Duble delight,Maria shaver,scentimental,mr lincolin,shellas perfumeparadise etc.to add summer color plant tropical hibiscus.i,l recommend you tje doubles for rose like impact.for spring color also plan some annuals.plant pansies,petunias,antirhinum etc.these are all easy to grow plants.plant those which are easy to maintain.after all you need a place to relax not a botanical garden.so please dont try rearies.the main reason is that you are new to gardening.when you gain some 2-3 experice Inshallah then try new things,new pants that,s the enjoyment of gardening.always care to feed your plants on time.i think you have not fertilized your black ficus after purched from the nursrey.also include some motia.enjoy Gardening.
Mrs. Umer
City: lahore

Post by Mrs. Umer »

AOA. i also want some help with my terrace. there are already some plants but i want to change them and make it more colourful. i will attach some pictures as well.
i also want to cover it slightly. please give some ideas
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (1).JPG
photo.JPG
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

You basically have to choose two things...the container and the plant.....i recommend trying raised wooden beds.....
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Welcome to the forum. You can use many climbers to cover it. annual climbers include morning glories and ishq-Peechan. While permanent climbers include jhumka bel, sonia bel, honey suckle, jacquemontia, golden shower etc. For permanent plants, you can plant motia, raat ki raani, brunfelsia, daylily, crossandra, lantana etc.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

There's so much to do on terraces if you want. All the plants mentioned in the above posts are excellent. Google them for pictures and choose which ones you like then buy appropriate pots for them. Since they'll be in pots you can always move them around to see what works best for you according to your taste and the light requirements if the plants.

Return to “Gardening Discussions”