Indoor plants.

Moderator: Izhar

sameerusmani84
City: Karachi

Indoor plants.

Post by sameerusmani84 »

Dear all ,

I have a money plant indoor but its turning yellow :( , money plant can be kept indoor wahts the reason for it ? is there any food for the plant to give energy ??

Regards

Sameer
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Indoor plants.

Post by Izhar »

Money plant (epipremnum aureum).. needs bright light to grow well, it can be kept indoors but for a limited time period, say 20 days... after it should be moved to a bright location (not in direct sun!!) for next 20 days.. over watering is not an issue but under watering is.. indoor large specimen should be watered twice a week..
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

As Izhar sahab has already mentioned it is most likely due to lack of light. Keep your plant near a window. Secondly, I have been in a similar situation aend noticed that the plant was apparently alive and roots were almost dead (it is an epiphyte so can survive).So do check whether the roots are intact. Since I cannot keep them outside bc of extremely cold and freezing weather, I use bright lights in the room. The plant do okay in artificial lights. Cut the fresh live branches and re-pot them in fresh soil. You will have a new healthy plant soon.
sameerusmani84

Post by sameerusmani84 »

i have moved the pot outdoor, i see its getting better now, but i have to place it back indoor. tell me waht to do.

I have another money plant, thats outdoor from day one, it is with big leaves, but siince i have planted it there is no growth, i planted it in a big pot so i can get bigg leaves. i got a part of it cut from the nurseray. mali told me to just sow it in the pot and it will grow. 3 months have passed also the old leaves are bending and turning inwards. :(
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Check if it not rotting .. if it is, then wash and replant in new soil.. to get big leaves you need a support for it to climb on.. there are sticks available in the nurseries and gardening shops made from coconut husk for this purpose..
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I cut down mine every year & they bounce back again in Moon soon with fresh foliage.i rally love the big giants.the more support the more broader leaves it rewards.
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

I tried everythng, still i failed to get big fresh green leaves like the one above. This time i added alot of fertilizer, (manure, dpa, urea, bhal) every type i cud get my hands on and then planted it. Now the plant has died, :lol:
Sometimes, its fun to kill plants :twisted:
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Ok if you have planted Devil,s ivy these days its not the right time because our night still very cool for this plant.purchase small plants in pots in first week of April as our season gets warm.plant it in good soil mix.chose a bright location which do not receive direct sun(or filtered sun).fertilizers are not the only factor to get the max leaves.if you select a wall,chose a wall which is not cemented(bricks are visible).grip the shoot on the wall.tie it agaist the wall.gripping to a tree will give you the most fresh & big leaves.Alestonia,sumbal or date palm are best.date palm has natural wood skin hairs which are very good for natural gripping.daily water specially if its against a wall,but do not make wet the soil below.once its established it will gain max size in moonsoon.once the weather becomes cool your plant may stop growing & drop leaves.just leave it untill Aprill.cut it back & it will grow again.mine is some five years old.
sameerusmani84

Post by sameerusmani84 »

my plant is still green and not dying but cant see new leaves , i got it from nurserray and planted it in the soil, all the leaves are dull :( and when i water the plant the leaves get wet and stick to the soil. tell me waht to do .
Vivian
City: Hefei

Post by Vivian »

The best time to apply fertilizer in spring is when soil temperatures have warmed and the grass plant is actively growing. A general rule of thumb is after the first 3 mowings. Apply 0.5 to 1 pound of nitrogen per 1,000 square feet to the lawn to support growth and to build-up nutrient reserves, which help the lawn withstand the heat and stress of summer. If you are using a weed and feed fertilizer, timing is much more critical to get the best results from the weed control. Be sure to read and follow application directions carefully.

Return to “Gardening Discussions”