City: Wahcantt

Indoor plants

Post by sheikhemad »

kindly suggest me some small and medium size indoor plants for home and office
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Re: Indoor plants

Post by KAMasud »

Go for palms. They are tough and thrive under any condition except dark. They feel happy if neglected (water). Dont go for tropical palms, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, etc. Go for desert palms. Cane palms, Table Fan palms, Lady Finger palms, Dune palms there are hundreds varieties.
Regards.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

In my opinion there is no indoor plant in the universe, Allah hasn't created any plant for indoors , indoor space is designed for human comfort, what is comforting us is damaging plants, e.g. plants need more light than availble in our rooms, plants need humidity and human hate humdity, we can say there are shade loving plants and sun loving plants, these shade loving plants although known as indoors needs special care, because of low light, less humidity and water negligience soon the indoor lost leaves and charm and subsequently died, in most of the offices it happens. If we come to know about the natural habitat of the plant then we can only keep it surviving in indoor artificial conditions. Iam keeping a lot of indoors in my home considering high summer temp in KSA like african violet, kris Plant, Drycaneas , pothos , Peace Lilly, Codiaeum_variegatum, Chinese evergreen,Dieffenbachia, Dracaena marginata, English ivy, Guzmania, Grafted Cactus, peperomia-caperata, Venus Fly Trap (now dead or sleeping might be), Chrysalidocarpus, spider plant, etc. etc.

In my opinion if you could possibly do the following your indoors will be thriving and happy:
1. Place it near windows, in winter 2 to 3 hours of direct light should come on them and in summer an east facing window can bring light indoors , place them near it.
2. You can never put indoo plants where you like them to as they need light and should be placed near window.
3. In winter i move my plant outside, whole winter , they thrive and enjoy, in summer i keep them indoors for their survival only, as soon as summer finished they will be moved outdoors.
4. Most of the high humidity loving plants are very dificult to keep and they can thrive only in green house where humidities are high , never choose them.
5, Regular fertilizer is must, liquid or tablets.
6. Some plant like pothons, peace lilly, Drycaneas can survive bad lighting condition so could be the foremost choice.

Regards,
kamranayyub
City: Lahore

Post by kamranayyub »

Areca Palm, Snake Plant and Money Plant are 3 most favorite of mine indoor plants we can try it in our home and office as well.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Sansevieria. will clean the air too...
Clcyuely
City: New York

Post by Clcyuely »

kamranayyub wrote:Areca Palm, Snake Plant and Money Plant are 3 most favorite of mine indoor plants we can try it in our home and office as well.
well done.That's it...
Mrs. Ahmed

Post by Mrs. Ahmed »

"Areca Palm, Snake Plant and Money Plant are 3 most favorite of mine indoor plant" what are they called in urdu?

Return to “Gardening Discussions”