How to post Images on the Forum

Here you will find some Help for posting on forum.

Moderator: Izhar

mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

How to post Images on the Forum

Post by mirafzalkhan »

You have two options for including images with your messages: as an attachment, or Upload to Image hosting sites (recommended)
As an attachment
The maximum size allowed for an attachment is 256KB, if image size is more than 256KB forum will not allowed the posting of image. Also Maximum number of attachments allowed per post is 3.
Look under the text entry area and see a section where it says "Upload attachment." and shows a button that says "browse". Browsing in this case is finding the file on your computer that will be uploaded directly to the forum.
Upload to Image hosting sites
There are so many Image hosting sites but my recommendation is Photobucket. Create a free account on Photobucket and upload your image on it. After uploading image you will see a thumbnail of your image, moving cursor on image will show some options e.g.
photobucket.JPG
photobucket.JPG (23.3 KiB) Viewed 8907 times
Clicking on IMG code will copy the code of your Image, now paste this code in your forum massage area by right click and paste. After posting, the forum will show the message & your image as well. You can also re-size your image on Photobucket.
Basically this code contain two things first the web address (URL) of your image and second Image tags in the form of "[img]....[/img] " . If you write any web image address in b/w these two tags it will show the image on forum.
There is no restriction of size & number of images in this method.
Johara
Donor
Donor

Re: How to post Images on the Forum

Post by Johara »

Thanks for the info. I do havea question, why does a photo appear twice when we post directly in the forum? If I recall correctly, this did not happen before.
Stephen
City: paris

Post by Stephen »

Looks a nice information, thanks for your sharing.
new gardener

Post by new gardener »

WAT SIZE OF THE PIC BEST FIT IN THE FORUM??

I UPLOAD IT FROM PHOTOBUCKET!
any suggestion??
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

No size restriction on photo bucket...it works them out automatically.
I think max 256 k for uploading on forum

There is a tool in the forum air box resizer which automatically fits the photos. So don't worry about that.

Return to “Forum Help”