The Horticultural Society of Pakistan

Here you will find some Help for posting on forum.

Moderator: Izhar

faisalj75
City: Karachi

The Horticultural Society of Pakistan

Post by faisalj75 »

I just came across this Society operating in Karachi since 1948, for Garden Lovers and enthusiasts; it’s easy to become member, details can be taken from their website: http://www.hsp48.org/ they do an annual Flower Show, this year pictures from their 60th flower show taken by Ahmed W Khan can be seen from website: https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/? ... 163&type=3

I’m going to join them soon!!

Following details are taken from their website:
The Horticultural Society of Pakistan, established in 1948, country's first technical registered body. HSP commenced its representation by organizing an exhibition of medicinal plants at first international Islamic exhibition held at Karachi in 1949. Ever since the society is successfully spreading its message through floral shows, exhibitions and training programs. HSP is instrumental in popularizing the discipline amongst the lovers of nature. The sapling planted in 1948 has now become a gigantic structure and with branches in all over the country. HSP is now an institution where compound is manufactured in which the main ingredients are climates, water, soil, the toil the culture and the past heritage in the right ratio. When it puts up a show, it makes life livable a balm to the distressed and calms the depressed
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: The Horticultural Society of Pakistan

Post by khabbab »

What benefit you will get if you join HSP?

I have been their member since many years. Unfortunately they are very limited as far as attracting a common gardener. They are mostly active in karachi. And a chapter in Islamabad and then in peshawar as well. but can you believe no representation in lahore :o

Do i get some rare seeds or seeds/plants at discounted price if i become member? No!!!!
Have they done anything to bring this hobby of gardening to youngsters? No!!!! no internet presence at all. Having an old and non-updated website is not enough. In fact the society is dominated by most of the oldies, the experienced gardeners of karachi. If you do not produce gardening interest in young generation, this hobby will die.

They got one of the best gardeners in the society and resources as well, sadly they are not doing what they could have done.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I was a member of Lahore branch for some years.I am no more a member although i keep getting thier invitations regularly. The reasons were the same as mentioned by Khabbab.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Faisal sorry to say but Pakistan horticulture society is of no use.i agree with Khabbab & brigd sb.they are not promoting gardening as it needed to be
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

I visited the "HSP Garden CEntre" in dha karachi. There was only one person there. He wasnt really helpful. I asked for a contact card he didnt have any. I asked for brochures he didnt have any. But when i asked about membership fees he remembered everything. So. I just got out :P
ahussain
City: Beach Park

Post by ahussain »

Why don't we make our own Society? PHS stands for Pakistan horrible society.
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mirafzalkhan »

ahussain wrote:Why don't we make our own Society? PHS stands for Pakistan horrible society.
We are working on it.

Return to “Forum Help”