'Same ki Phali'

Advice on Veggies, Herbs and Fruits

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

'Same ki Phali'

Post by Munir »

Tahir, you seem to be on line. Do you know the Urdu or English name of subject bean & from where can its seeds be obtained?

Or, anyone else please.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: 'Same ki Phali'

Post by Tahir Khan »

Munir wrote:Tahir, you seem to be on line. Do you know the Urdu or English name of subject bean & from where can its seeds be obtained?
Sir, Same ki phalii is called broad beans, i think awan seeds Rawalpindi has its seeds.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

Thank you,Tahir. Earlier,they had only French Beans & also not heard about 'Same ki Phali'. I ll again check or get it from elsewhere.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Munir wrote:Thank you,Tahir. Earlier,they had only French Beans & also not heard about 'Same ki Phali'. I ll again check or get it from elsewhere.
They might be available from Lahore seed vendors, will check and let you know.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Munir wrote:Tahir, you seem to be on line. Do you know the Urdu or English name of subject bean & from where can its seeds be obtained?

Or, anyone else please.
Munir sb, tricky question :-) My mother used to call the vine (pictured below) as "same ki phali". I guess the scientific name is Phasoleus vulgaris with plenty of English names (enough to confuse anyone). It bears pink/ purple flowers. It was a very vigorous climber in our home. Do you have a picture?

Some people also call the drum sticks of Moringa as same ki phali but it is a monstrous tree.
Attachments
haricot commun - phaseolus vulgaris.jpg
bean_flower.jpg
bean_flower.jpg (10.76 KiB) Viewed 5109 times
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

@ Farooq
I was talking exactly about the bean in the picture posted by you. I had forgotten the common English name, which is Broad Bean, correctly mentioned by Tahir. Its seeds are sold in our local market with the same name.Like you,I also have enjoyed eating it a number of times, many years back. A friend from Peshawar had asked for it,but I ll also give a try, to revive my taste for it.

@ Tahir
Please don't bother; I have checked up with Awan Garden Centre Isb, who ll have it on sale next week. Thank you.
admigue
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

tamoxifen steroid cycle

Post by admigue »

Franz Duca, Department of Cardiology, Medical University Vienna <a href=https://nolvadex.hair>tamoxifen without prescription</a>

Return to “Kitchen Gardening”