Fruits and Vegs in my House..

Advice on Veggies, Herbs and Fruits

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Fruits and Vegs in my House..

Post by KBW »

munir wrote:It is news to me that local garlic is the main ingredient of game bait.I will learn more about it later, as my son is crazy about both,hunting & fishing.I think I will also catch this infection.So, "khoob guzray gi, jo ....."
munir bhai, local garlic is used for preparation of game meat, fish, birds and animals and not as a bait. It is the basic ingredient for BBQ and steam roast. :)
new_gardener wrote:@ KBW, very good plants. Do you use manure? As you said no chemical fertilizers are used.
Yes, I used manures as well as lot of compost made from fallen leaves from the garden, grass clippings from the lawn, kitchen waste and all the intestines / other parts etc that are available after cleaning of the game meat (fish, animals, birds etc). They are all dumped in a pit and everytime, there are three to four pits going through different stages of decomposition. I do put in some slow release chemical fertilizers like SSP but strictly avoid using nitrogen based fertilizers as they more harm than any good in my highly alkaline soil. I lay lot of emphasis on correct soil preparation.

regards
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

@KBW, its a great sight..
You are lucky you have space to play around .. to fulfill your greed to sow any thing...that is indeed a great feeling, liberty to grow flowers, fruits and veggies... all at one place..
Once I had plenty of space, I was not into gardening. Now, space is too less to grow flower plants alone, cant think of growing much of veggies and fruit trees...
About Mulberries ..once upon a time ... :) (about 8 months back) My house had more than a dozen mulberry trees, of about 6-7 different types, all of them very juicy and delicious .. I remember we probably could eat less than 5% of the total fruit.. bcoz, one it was too much and two most of it used to fall down on ground but whatever we ate we enjoyed it..It was tough on our sweeper though to clean the stains on the floor...
Javed Ashraf.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

great... :D it is looking very healthy and shows hardwork. :mrgreen:
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Super. Even a 9" cucumber in this season would be a great achievement.
77tahmina
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: this site is very nice working i like this website.

Post by 77tahmina »

Mashallah very nice fruits and vegetables pics

Return to “Kitchen Gardening”