justdoit641
City: Kasur
Gardening Interests: Vegetables nd lemon plant

Re: Vegetable Calendar

Post by justdoit641 »

A very helpful chart thankx
hadimurad
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Both seasonal vegetables, seasonal flowers, gardening, plants, ornamental plants, fruit plants.

Post by hadimurad »

I need your guidance as I always follow the calender but for last 2-3 years my yield of Cauliflower is very poor...its mostly grow v slow and then remain in small size although i used both natural fertilizer and Artificial. Rest the vegetables are ok but cauliflower and broccoli is very depressing. Righ now I planted the seeds 8-10 days back and paneeri in bloom. pl tell me what should I do....Regrds
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

hadimurad wrote:I need your guidance as I always follow the calender but for last 2-3 years my yield of Cauliflower is very poor...its mostly grow v slow and then remain in small size although i used both natural fertilizer and Artificial. Rest the vegetables are ok but cauliflower and broccoli is very depressing. Righ now I planted the seeds 8-10 days back and paneeri in bloom. pl tell me what should I do....Regrds
Unsatisfactory growth of Cauliflower could be due to wrong type of seed; I think there are different seeds for early,mid/normal & late varieties. In Broccoli,there should be no problem,as it is one of the easier growing veggie; one possible reason could be old seeds.I have very poor quality of soil,yet Broccoli particularly has always done well,though I don't use any chemical fertilizer. Tahir Khan,who I find good in Veggies (also) may be able to say something more definite.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

hadimurad wrote:I need your guidance as I always follow the calender but for last 2-3 years my yield of Cauliflower is very poor...its mostly grow v slow and then remain in small size although i used both natural fertilizer and Artificial. Rest the vegetables are ok but cauliflower and broccoli is very depressing. Righ now I planted the seeds 8-10 days back and paneeri in bloom. pl tell me what should I do....Regrds
Remember, if you need to grow good quality vegetables and fruits..they should be provided with adequate sunlight, water and balanced amount of fertilizers.
What amount of sunlight your cauliflower plants are getting a day (How many hours) ??
raja
City: Islamabad

Post by raja »

Thanks for sharing this.
rizwansheikh123
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: i am particularly interested in kitchen gardening.

Post by rizwansheikh123 »

sir, i would like to know what vegetables should i pick for container garden on a terrace?
FSKamal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Vegetable, herbs in containers

Post by FSKamal »

Looking at this calendar February seem a good time to sow Bhindi, I would be out of the country in February, If I grow bhindi in December, would they grow fine in Karachi weather.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

We are currently enjoying Bhindi which are grown by neighbors... so yes, you can grow them now
irfanhashim18
City: RAWALAKOT
Gardening Interests: BACKYARD FARM

Post by irfanhashim18 »

I'm new here I'm gonnna start raised bed garden…. and wanna ask, the calendar shows that garlic and turmeric planted in MARCH when they harvested ?? is ginger and turmeric planted two time in year summer and winter??
Behrooz
Gardening Interests: Interested in general agriculture and vegetable gardening

Post by Behrooz »

When is the time to grow 'Kakri' (Armenian Cucumber)? and how long does it take to bear fruit?

Return to “Kitchen Gardening”