Create you own Rose

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Create you own Rose

Post by KBW »

mikhurram wrote:In my view knowledge acquired from books or the net is similar to the one mentioned above in quotes. One has to practically involve himself.
Very well said Khurram sahib. Thanks for a nice article and it is indeed through the process of cross breeding between species and cultivars over the centuries that we see hundreds of thousands of rose cultivars now. I would hesitate from calling the process as "creating"(as mentioned in the article) as IMHO, process of "creation" is dedicated to "The Creator" alone. Breeding would be a better word in my view. Just a personal opinion... :)

BTW, it is my earnest desire to cross breed some of my favourite DA roses with local stock like Gruss an Teplitz, Rosa Centifolia and the local Sia found in higher mountains. I hope some day, I will have enough time and energy to complete this project. Thanks for the share again. :)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

M Farooq wrote:
Farhan Ahmed wrote:and what if we combine all six perspectives mentioned above. Do we get an elephant :-)?

Six blind elephants were discussing what men were like. After arguing they decided to find one and determine what it was like by direct experience. The first blind elephant felt the man and declared, 'Men are flat.' After the other blind elephants felt the man, they agreed. :-) The man was flattened by the first one ;-)
hahahahahaha. So who is the first elephant here, flattening man(perspective) before others could give their views?
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:
M Farooq wrote:
Farhan Ahmed wrote:and what if we combine all six perspectives mentioned above. Do we get an elephant :-)?

Six blind elephants were discussing what men were like. After arguing they decided to find one and determine what it was like by direct experience. The first blind elephant felt the man and declared, 'Men are flat.' After the other blind elephants felt the man, they agreed. :-) The man was flattened by the first one ;-)
hahahahahaha. So who is the first elephant here, flattening man (perspective) before others could give their views?
;-) I leave that to your discretion :-)...Farhan bhai mujhay kyun forum sey nikalwanay ki fiker mein hain haha
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

KBW wrote:
mikhurram wrote:In my view knowledge acquired from books or the net is similar to the one mentioned above in quotes. One has to practically involve himself.
Very well said Khurram sahib. Thanks for a nice article and it is indeed through the process of cross breeding between species and cultivars over the centuries that we see hundreds of thousands of rose cultivars now. I would hesitate from calling the process as "creating"(as mentioned in the article) as IMHO, process of "creation" is dedicated to "The Creator" alone. Breeding would be a better word in my view. Just a personal opinion... :)

BTW, it is my earnest desire to cross breed some of my favourite DA roses with local stock like Gruss an Teplitz, Rosa Centifolia and the local Sia found in higher mountains. I hope some day, I will have enough time and energy to complete this project. Thanks for the share again. :)
Welcome back janaab! Glad to see you back. Hope your contributions to the rose database will continue.
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Thanks bhai. Yes, I keep updating rose database as and when I get time. Handicapped by non availability of intrnet nowadays and mostly posting from mob phone. Added a rose yesterday as well. I hope the thread serves the interested members some day. :)
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

KBW wrote:
I would hesitate from calling the process as "creating"(as mentioned in the article) as IMHO, process of "creation" is dedicated to "The Creator" alone. Breeding would be a better word in my view. Just a personal opinion... :)
Very well said and i agree that the word create should be reserved only for "The Creator". Other choice of words apart from breed can be 'develop, make' etc.
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

KBW wrote:Thanks bhai. Yes, I keep updating rose database as and when I get time. Handicapped by non availability of intrnet nowadays and mostly posting from mob phone. Added a rose yesterday as well. I hope the thread serves the interested members some day. :)
I saw that. If it had a like button, I would have pressed it...Good deeds are returned by God, don't expect from us mortals!
Plz continue.
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

M Farooq wrote:
KBW wrote:Thanks bhai. Yes, I keep updating rose database as and when I get time. Handicapped by non availability of internet nowadays and mostly posting from mob phone. Added a rose yesterday as well. I hope the thread serves the interested members some day. :)
I saw that. If it had a like button, I would have pressed it...Good deeds are returned by God, don't expect from us mortals!
Plz continue.
Yes! if I also have a like button I would have pressed it and keep updating the rose database as you are doing an excellent job it will be such helpful for the beginners like me.

Return to “Roses”