Roses in soil-less medium

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Roses in soil-less medium

Post by Izhar »

I guess you have not read the posts... my rose experiment posts start from August 2016.. from November i started other plants like geranium and gerbera...
Ahmer
Gardening Interests: Love roses and flowers

Post by Ahmer »

Dear Izhar Sb.
Nice work but I want to know what is the problem with Karachi soil why Rose not perform well in our soils I live in Gulshan maymmar and just 120 km away in Hyderabad roses performing great. And I am now in search of this answer I again make 4 pots plant roses in them check pH of soil it's around 7 plus I use pH kit which is not precise I also check soil with acetic acid and it fuzzes sign of solid calcium carbonate or might be potassium chloride any thing which is on base side so I start fertilizing with few drops of sulfuric acid and things started change stunned growth took speed with in 4 days then I apply Epsom salt+ kno3+ iron sulfate + Di calcium phosphate and to convert soil pH I am using ammonium sulfate but now speed of growth get again retarded pest attack countered by abamectin now black spots, but still I want answer what's wrong with our soil if this time I failed I will try your soil less medium
new gardener

Post by new gardener »

izhar Bhai , One thing I need to ask, in Puspanjali recipe 20 gm of micornutrients (what are they actually and where to get them)
One More the chemicals they are using, are they used on the roses planted in soil or as updated by your soil less medium. more to clarify my query is there any way we get such growth in roses potted with soil.
I don't think so its time to start this now but planning to do it in future.
What best we can get in Soil Medium in potted Roses.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Ahmer wrote:Dear Izhar Sb.
Nice work but I want to know what is the problem with Karachi soil why Rose not perform well in our soils I live in Gulshan maymmar and just 120 km away in Hyderabad roses performing great. And I am now in search of this answer I again make 4 pots plant roses in them check pH of soil it's around 7 plus I use pH kit which is not precise I also check soil with acetic acid and it fuzzes sign of solid calcium carbonate or might be potassium chloride any thing which is on base side so I start fertilizing with few drops of sulfuric acid and things started change stunned growth took speed with in 4 days then I apply Epsom salt+ kno3+ iron sulfate + Di calcium phosphate and to convert soil pH I am using ammonium sulfate but now speed of growth get again retarded pest attack countered by abamectin now black spots, but still I want answer what's wrong with our soil if this time I failed I will try your soil less medium
There must be something else Ahmer.. please check my other post of roses in gulzar-e-hijri, the roses are growing and blooming in soil too nowadays, I also live near Maymar.. please post pictures also..
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

new gardener wrote:izhar Bhai , One thing I need to ask, in Puspanjali recipe 20 gm of micornutrients (what are they actually and where to get them)
One More the chemicals they are using, are they used on the roses planted in soil or as updated by your soil less medium. more to clarify my query is there any way we get such growth in roses potted with soil.
I don't think so its time to start this now but planning to do it in future.
What best we can get in Soil Medium in potted Roses.
Micronutrients are available in liquid form in new sabzimandi, UDL sells by the name of "Utah" in granular form..

In soil good growth can be achieved, use water soluble NPK 20:20:20... 2 gram per litre water twice weekly, spray pesticide every 10-15 days whether you see pests or not.. sunlight for 6 hours minimum..check this pic of rose bush in pot with soil..
Attachments
DSC06041.JPG
new gardener

Post by new gardener »

Izhar wrote:
new gardener wrote:One More the chemicals they are using, are they used on the roses planted in soil or as updated by your soil less medium. quote]

Micronutrients are available in liquid form in new sabzimandi, UDL sells by the name of "Utah" in granular form..

In soil good growth can be achieved, use water soluble NPK 20:20:20... 2 gram per litre water twice weekly, spray pesticide every 10-15 days whether you see pests or not.. sunlight for 6 hours minimum..check this pic of rose bush in pot with soil..

Thanks but bold one still un answered :P
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

They grow in soil-less.. using rice husk and husk ash as medium...
new gardener

Post by new gardener »

Izhar Bhai Bohat Din ho gye achhay Gulab dekhe hue..Please share your current Rose Blooms
zadaad
City: Quetta
Gardening Interests: Rose

Post by zadaad »

I have grown roses in cocopeat+old manure( dipped for a week in water)+bonemeal. Which fertilisers or nutrients should I use now? I have epsom salt, Iron sulphate, bonemeal, npk 17:17:17, urea, potash.

I also have grown roses in soil+manure mix in pots. So which of the above mentioned nutrients shd I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

zadaad wrote:I have grown roses in cocopeat+old manure( dipped for a week in water)+bonemeal. Which fertilisers or nutrients should I use now? I have epsom salt, Iron sulphate, bonemeal, npk 17:17:17, urea, potash.

I also have grown roses in soil+manure mix in pots. So which of the above mentioned nutrients shd I use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post pics...

Return to “Roses”