Reply from David Austin Rose

Moderator: Izhar

javed khaanzada

Re: Reply from David Austin Rose

Post by javed khaanzada »

tweedle2009 wrote:
javed khaanzada wrote:
oyfili wrote:in the European Union and so Italy you may import a max of 5 plants from outside the common space. You should check your local custom office and ask them. Looks like they do not want their roses to be exported to Pakistan as the documents including the eventual phytosanitary certificate would be the same if they ship roses to you or to another country..
Dear oyfili, Good advice, I should contact custom officials first.

Regds-javed
Contact Plant Protection dept or Plant Quarantine in Karachi to get an import permit.You can then import plants.
If I will contact such departments, they could dictate me long procedure for permit, it would be better that I should use my contacts in customs.

Regds-javed
javed khaanzada

tweedle2009 wrote:
UMAR KHAN wrote:Adnan can any one bring cut flowers to Pkistan.i mean to say cut flowers are not bann.so you can easily get some buds & graft them.one of my friend told me that some nursery men import cut flowers specially from Holland for this purpose.the long stem roses have some buds.but one thing which is major factor is the right time.if you get some buds in moonsoon you can increase your sotck.
But you'd not want those roses.90% are red whereas you'll be looking for colors which are not so common.Moreover it's easy to import 20 bareroot plants than 20 cut flowers.
I have not finalise the purchasing list. Doing homework & getting feedbacks from forum friends, like you. Will consult forum when I feel that my sister will able to contact DA or any nursery those have such.

Regds-javed
Rizwan
City: london

Post by Rizwan »

javed,

i bought two types the first was a red rose climber called "guinee" (david austin) and one bush variety called "queen Elizabeth" the guinee was £15 and the QE was £10 small 1 foot plants with container from poplars nursery they had a huge section of DA roses this was two seasons ago.
The guinee climber is at the back of the garden growing through a trellis, its in in second season of growing first season it grew to around 6 feet tall and i got around 2 dozen red blooms from it, this season i did not prune it all but it is over 12 feet in height as we speak, sorry about the quality of the pic
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... C05402.jpg

The QE is excellent, it has beautiful powder pink petals really vibrant you have to squint your eyes to see it, it is that vivid, it has grown to around 7 feet in height and around 4 feet in width, its slower than the guinee in blooming and the QE will bloom in a few weeks..

i have lots of pics on my laptop but these are the only ones i have on my desktop :)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... 5414-1.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... C05415.jpg
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Q E is an exellent grandiflora.so many flowers.i like the bush,its very healthy Rizwan & the flowers are good cut flowers am i right.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Rizwan QE is very common in Pakistan so i think no need to import it.i think we should mport roses like Eibs tide,blue for you,burgundy iceberg,green romantica which are not common.
javed khaanzada

Rizwan wrote:javed,

i bought two types the first was a red rose climber called "guinee" (david austin) and one bush variety called "queen Elizabeth" the guinee was £15 and the QE was £10 small 1 foot plants with container from poplars nursery they had a huge section of DA roses this was two seasons ago.
The guinee climber is at the back of the garden growing through a trellis, its in in second season of growing first season it grew to around 6 feet tall and i got around 2 dozen red blooms from it, this season i did not prune it all but it is over 12 feet in height as we speak, sorry about the quality of the pic
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... C05402.jpg

The QE is excellent, it has beautiful powder pink petals really vibrant you have to squint your eyes to see it, it is that vivid, it has grown to around 7 feet in height and around 4 feet in width, its slower than the guinee in blooming and the QE will bloom in a few weeks..

i have lots of pics on my laptop but these are the only ones i have on my desktop :)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... 5414-1.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... C05415.jpg
Dear Rizwan sb, your DA roses are superb, keep it up. Climber roses are not common here, I never observed cimber roses, thats why I am interested to get them. Whenever you will able to spare sometime, kinldy also share the remaining pics. As you said they charged 15 & 10 pounds of each plant with container, dont you think bare roots of DA from popular nursery would be more cheap?

Regds-javed
javed khaanzada

UMAR KHAN wrote:Rizwan QE is very common in Pakistan so i think no need to import it.i think we should mport roses like Eibs tide,blue for you,burgundy iceberg,green romantica which are not common.
Yes, we should think to get those rare varieties those are not available here.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Hai Javed sb i m intrested in Double delight climber.what a sight it will be Doubles on the wall.if you like fragrance then its a right rose for you.i m saying it beacause like me you love motias.only one rose can beat D.D that is our desi gulab Garoogen.its cultivated in your area on commercial bases.standing in garoogen farm ah the perfume is so sweet
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Javed sb if you are intrested in climbing roses Fateh Muhammad nursery Islamabad has vast variety.if you like bushes.i,l send you on post after 5th jan.you are right we should only import those varieties which are not avaible in our sweet country.I m very much intrested in Eibs tide.its color is very rear
Rizwan
City: london

Post by Rizwan »

javed and anyone interested....

some pics i taken today... I am not sure if poplars nursery sell bare roots i have not been there in a while, i am sure they do, next time i go i will see if they do and let you know...

white roses, they actually bloom yellow and when matured turn white

guinee climber rose

QE rose

this is what i use to feed them

my garden

Return to “Roses”