Rose problems

Moderator: Izhar

dragoonsers
City: Karachi

Re: Care For Newly Planted Roses?

Post by dragoonsers »

I don't know about lahore. Perhaps someone experienced can answer your questions.. However, if the plants are new as in were bought in "gachi", I would advise u not to fertilize for atleast 6 months. There are a couple posts on roses on this forum so please use the search option. I love roses, and would like you to share pictures if any! :D
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa Rafique sb.add some old cow manure into the bed.Don,t use inorganic fertilizer at this stage as the plants too young.First the plants shed all old foliage & then starts growing.cut off all flowers & flower buds.the flowers takes so much energy.by removing buds you are diverting all energies to the better growth of you plants.After a month when you see active growth feed with NPK 10,10,10 or even 17,17,17.never sprinkle water over the foliage specially in evenings.it cause black spot & downy mildew which may kill your young plants.don,t prune in next season.let the plants gain volume & become stronger.your first prune will be in Dec 2014 not in Dec 2013.Good growth also depends on variety you are growing for example if you are growing Bejazo its growth is not vigorous on other hand Ice berg is a very rapid & vigorous grower.
Remember correct distance is very important.its good if you keep 3 ft distance.at least keep 2 ft if you have limited space.Air circulation is very important through bushes & correct distance is the key to it.
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Thank you Umar. I would try to follow ur advice. I got really inspiration for roses from you.
Last year i lost about 40 plants of 1 to 2 years of age, just because of not spraying fungcide in summer. i got a good lessson. any how planted new plants few 3 weeks ago. hope better luck this time. will try to seek the advice from respected members specially umar.
Umar sb there is only one problem now ie the distance between the plants which is about 1.5 feet and at now i dont want to replant them.Also i gave few quantity of ssp last week for better root growth. is it ok or not? i will upload pictures to see ur advice and to please dragoonser. thank you too sir dragoonser.
regards
Rafique
muhammad umer
City: lahore

Re: Rose problems

Post by muhammad umer »

Hi, its been three weeks now since I planted about 30, roses. Giving them quarter strength foliar , npk 5'15'45 weekly, showing abundant new buds. Sunlight deficient though.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa Rafique sb.2ft should be the min space.its very important to ensure good air circulations.Air circulation min the risk of fungus attack.if you have sprinkled SSP then water the soil & its ok.but its good if you feed them after a month of their plantations.Rafique i am so inspired with the rose beauty that nothing else impress me in my garden like rose.some time i even think to end up all other flowers & dedicate all my garden to roses.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

do post a picture...
rafique

Post by rafique »

AOA

Requested to moderators ,please combine this thread with care for new planted roses.
or merge that topic with this(if both have same issues as appears to me).
that would be more beneficial for us and all others.

thanks and regards
Rafique
rafique

Post by rafique »

Umar sb you are absolutely right for space issue . I have more starve for roses and limited space.
I will try to upload the images soon to get further advice other s I will uproot some rose from beds and will transfer them in pots after some time when plants are a bit stronger and weather(don’t know) you will tell me for this I hope so. May be after looking the images you suggest that the distance is ok.
I will also tag the name of varieties so that you could help me which plant should be in ground and which one can be planted in 14” pot?
Thanks for you care and reply. I am really obliged.
Last year I thought I know a lot about roses in feb march results of my plants. But actually I still have to learn a lot to survive the plants in severe conditions.
Dear Izhar and khabab please do favor as requested in rose problems section.
Or initiate a single thread to integrate all issues related to roses(From plantation till maintaince complete cycle) . Or create a section of roses….if possible it would be helpful for many not only me.
Please categorize if possible.
Please don’t think I am doing it for some specific reasons rather I just love roses and want to have as many as possible in a better way in my lawn.

Thanks and Regards
I think moderator have removed my topic?
Rafique
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mirafzalkhan »

rafique wrote: I think moderator have removed my topic?
Which one? log shows nothing
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

it was merged in this topic Rafique.. all your posts are intact..

Return to “Roses”