Reply from David Austin Rose

Moderator: Izhar

javed khaanzada

Reply from David Austin Rose

Post by javed khaanzada »

Hello,

My sister who is in Luton, UK is expected here in Pakistan in Dec 2011. I want her to carry David Austin Bare Root Roses for me. Would you like to tell me their prices and postal charges to Luton?

Regds-javed

Dear Mr Khaanzada,

Many thanks for your email. Unfortunately we can not allow our roses to be taken outside of the European Union, and especially to countries in Asia, for a number of reasons. Firstly, it will be impossible to transport the roses to Pakistan, as all suitcases and hand luggage bags at airports are scanned, and the roses will be removed as plants are banned from flights. Also to import plant materials, a considerable amount of documentation is needed per plant, which unfortunately we will not be able to provide you with. Should anybody be discovered trying to take the plants in to a country without this paperwork, they are liable for a very considerable fine. Also the planting season will be incorrect, meaning that the roses have little or no chance of survival.

I am sorry to disappoint you with this news, but if you have any further queries please do contact me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Cordialement / Cordiali Saluti / Kind Regards

Gareth Minton
Retail Sales (European Union)
David Austin Roses
Tel: 00 44 1902 376 373
Email: export@davidaustinroses.com
Web: http://www.davidaustinroses.com
oyfili
City: calabria

Re: Reply from David Austin Rose

Post by oyfili »

in the European Union and so Italy you may import a max of 5 plants from outside the common space. You should check your local custom office and ask them. Looks like they do not want their roses to be exported to Pakistan as the documents including the eventual phytosanitary certificate would be the same if they ship roses to you or to another country..
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by tweedle2009 »

There are plenty others who do send across the globe but you'll have to avail a phytosanitary certificate.How many do you want btw ? If others are willing to I can ask the growers in Holland to send some but they don't consider smaller quantities.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Adnan can any one bring cut flowers to Pkistan.i mean to say cut flowers are not bann.so you can easily get some buds & graft them.one of my friend told me that some nursery men import cut flowers specially from Holland for this purpose.the long stem roses have some buds.but one thing which is major factor is the right time.if you get some buds in moonsoon you can increase your sotck.
Rizwan
City: london

Post by Rizwan »

javed.

i have david austin roses two diff types i got them from poplars nursery which is near luton on the motorway, you sister can get the roses from there instead of online this way she wont have to pay P&P one is climber and one is bush, NOW the certificate you need will cost £50 one of fee, no matter if its a huge box or one cutting, its not really worth it...

ps, thing is i know ppl who have taken fruit cuttings from uk to Pakistan and got through without any problems..
javed khaanzada

oyfili wrote:in the European Union and so Italy you may import a max of 5 plants from outside the common space. You should check your local custom office and ask them. Looks like they do not want their roses to be exported to Pakistan as the documents including the eventual phytosanitary certificate would be the same if they ship roses to you or to another country..
Dear oyfili, Good advice, I should contact custom officials first.

Regds-javed
javed khaanzada

tweedle2009 wrote:There are plenty others who do send across the globe but you'll have to avail a phytosanitary certificate.How many do you want btw ? If others are willing to I can ask the growers in Holland to send some but they don't consider smaller quantities.
Dear Adnan,

I dont know the quality of Holland roses, seniors can tell us. As I am a beginner in gardening so I do not have sufficient experience. At early stage will try to get 4 to 8 climbing bare roots of different ccolours. Hopefully in future we all manage to arrange collective shipments of such bare roots. Our budgerigar society, BSP is successfully arranging such collective shipments of exhibition budgerigars, so every one can afford & share it.

Do you know any quality roses site of rose of Holland?

Regds-javed
javed khaanzada

Rizwan wrote:javed.

i have david austin roses two diff types i got them from poplars nursery which is near luton on the motorway, you sister can get the roses from there instead of online this way she wont have to pay P&P one is climber and one is bush, NOW the certificate you need will cost £50 one of fee, no matter if its a huge box or one cutting, its not really worth it...

ps, thing is i know ppl who have taken fruit cuttings from uk to Pakistan and got through without any problems..
Thnaks Dear Riwan for updates. So firstly she needs a certificate, would you like to tell me from which department she has to get such certificate?

Regds-javed
waleedzaffar
City: lahore

Post by waleedzaffar »

can seeds or bulbs be brought in baggage from another country to pakistan!
Rizwan
City: london

Post by Rizwan »

javed khaanzada wrote:
Rizwan wrote:javed.

Thnaks Dear Riwan for updates. So firstly she needs a certificate, would you like to tell me from which department she has to get such certificate?

Regds-javed
the thing is the customs on your end will ask for it, if you sister gets stopped, doubt if she will..

here is the website but this is government website in uk, so dont know about Karachi and what the requirements are. i have sent seeds and bulbs through family members in the past to Pakistan and NOT ONCE have they been stopped by customs in UK or pakistan.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... =RESOURCES

Return to “Roses”