Rose Identification

Moderator: Izhar

Rafaiy
City: Rawalpindi

Rose Identification

Post by Rafaiy »

A0A!

Hoping every1 is f9 and enjoying his plants :) ...bought a rose yesterday, just not sure which one it is...all inputs and suggestions welcomed...

Regardz

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Rose Identification

Post by Izhar »

The closest i got on internet was 'Harry Wheatcroft' rose
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

:) Atlast got a reply, that too from a senior member...i think you are 100% right because the said rose matches the physical characteristics completely...thanxs alot for helping sir!
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

This Delbard Painter,s collection rose Edgar Degas.its becoming very popular these days in local market.what i like about this rose its very very disease resistant.i have added the new from Painter,s collection Red Intution.
EDGAR DEGAS
if it was like the following during bud shape the its the South African Anvil sparks
ANVIL SPARKS.its a beautiful striped rose but not very good disease resistant.
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

Finally a reply from umar bhai, an experienced rose grower and lover :) ..no. its not anvil spark...i have another one which is anvil sparks...will post new pictures of some roses which were sold to me as double delight and shareefa asma...sir can you tell me the prices of double delight and shareefa asma?
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Rafiy i think its Edgar which is becoming very popular in local market.The rose sold out to you as Double delight is Cherry Parfait.these is very slight difference in the shades.But cherry is not fragrant.Double delight & Sharifa Asma price is Rs 100 per plant.you can easily get it from Fateh Muhammad.
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

Maybe you are right umer sahab...I have bought shareefa asma and double delight from fateh muhammad...this year their prices are very high, he was asking 200 for double delight and 150 for shareefa asma...the plants available dont have any flowers on them...not sure if they ripped me off...will post pics in a few day for confirmation from you and other members :)
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

May be i am their regular customer so give discounts to me.but both are for Rs 100.another thing i bring roses from them even if they are not in flowers.i am their regular customer for the last 15 years.
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

They gave me a good discount as well but the thing that matters the most is that i have trusted them with what they have said and given me...i hope they dont break my trust and the roses come out to be the same one :) , if yes then after you i would also be their regular customer...

Return to “Roses”