Feasibility of Commercial Rose Farming

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Feasibility of Commercial Rose Farming

Post by KBW »

If you have the local expertise available than its great. Just go to the farm and see what cultivar(s) is he growing? What was the size and price of plants? How did he prepare the ground (this is very important)? What are watering arrangements? What fertilizers he is using and with what frequency? Any diseases / problems? Note down the things and go to the second farm. Compare. That will give you a fair idea. Who will look after the project? Are you going to do it yourself or you are going to hire someone? For good business, you don't have to make the plants just survive. They need to perform outstandingly otherwise profit margin will reduce. And please, avoid internet scholars. I wish you all the best.
Regds
Vegalinks
City: Faisalabad
Gardening Interests: Dairy and livestock, Animal breeding and genetics, vegetables, fruits and cash crops

Post by Vegalinks »

Thank you brother once again for input.

BTW, love the term Internet Scholars ;)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

KBW wrote: And please, avoid internet scholars.
Sir just for my information kindly could you describe internet scholars so that i specifically and all other should be able to avoid them :-)
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

we all are internet scholars here.internet is a basic source of knowledge no one can deny it.we are thankful to internet that we are able to seek knowledge which so called learned phds were reluctant to give us.internet is free source but experts demand fees to give a bit of knowledge.even learned scholars are jealous with knowledge which we have gained through internet.which PHD can compete with dr aykhan,brig arif and,m farooq,and all others they are not horticulturist but they are aware with even species of plants.so sir please mention that whom you are calling internet scholars.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Hamad youuuuuu Internet scholar??????? :shock: :o :x .............i will avoid you :twisted: :P
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

no i but all of us hahahahahahahaha.we are avoiding each other isnt it... :D
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Farhan sb and Hamad sb
From internet scholars I mean those people who give advises to the people based on the information (I won't call it knowledge) acquired through internet and NOT through their personal experience. My comments in my above quoted post should be seen in the context of providing right advise to a fellow members and not as a sarcasm towards any of the forum members. Though I have been seriously working on growing / breeding roses commercially since the last six months but I refrained from giving any specific advice because I lack experience on undertaking any commercial rose project in Faisalabad. My advise will be theoretical which may cause a loss to a fellow member.

During my quest for commercial rose growing, I came across many so called professionals who loaded me with all kind of advises without having undertaken a single commercial rose project in their life. On inquiry, they would quote internet as authority. Internet is a wonderful source and contains all kind of info; right, wrong, usefull, trash, all kinds of info. If one lacks the ability to sift between rigt and wrong (which comes through knowledge and experience), one could go drastically wrong. Thats is why I advised vegalinks brother to look for local experience and avoid internet scholars which he is likely to come across when he goes out. I repeatedly advised on seeking local expertise and to help him, pointed towards a few possible questions that will help him make a correct decision.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

thanks.
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

We have some land in Distt Tando Allahyar, about 32 Kms East of Hyderabad. I remember my nana (Maternal Grand father) used to grow roses for commercial purposes to sell (on contract) the cut flowers to pholon wali shop wala... Now Hyderabad is hot weather , I remember it was doing well..We had them for years. Dont remember why we discontinued it, may be we had better options, like mangoes orchards, coz it was more beneficial. Not sure how it should do in Faisalabad region. All the best ..
Javed Ashraf.
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Jdashraf sb
Roses perform pretty well in hot climate provided we select the right cultivar, take care in very hot weather and do not expect them to flower in may, jun and Jul. I have seen even some of the DA roses performing pretty well in a hot place like Okara and you know Okara is pretty hot.
Regds

Return to “Roses”