ROSE diseases

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

ROSE diseases

Post by aykhan »

Some of my rose bushes have blackspot. I did an internet search which recommended baking soda mixed in water with some oil or detergent so that it sticks. Does anyone know which fungicide to buy from Lahore which wont kill my roses? Thanks
UMAR KHAN

Re: ROSE diseases

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa Arif sb i use fungicide regularly on my roses.i dont remember the name,il tell u in the evening.its bayer,s product which i use.please wait till evening.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa aykhan please use Bayer,sfungicide,Aliette 80%wp.it is very good againt fungus in roses.i use it regulaly in whenever it is pronlonged wet condition in summer.i also use it in moonsoon.it works very well against black spots.it also do not harm the rose bushes.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Thanks guys. This is very helpful. My mali sprayed the grass with some lethal concoction and also the rose beds. I noticed the leaves burn and have been concerned since.
Amer
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

AYKHAN please do not allow the gardener to use any type of foliar untill u have not permitted him to use.use good quality npk like delta green.althogh any kind of foliar is not good when the bushes are in bloom.but for quik recovery it is an obligation now to use liquid fertilizer.
shahwon

Post by shahwon »

I am confident that you know the pH of the soil moisture max 30%
Roses pH is 5.5 to 7.0

It could be high moisture, or lack of iron in the soil

Only the soil test could reveal the cause

B Shah
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

pH of soil & soil moisture are two different things. pH (power of hydrogen ion) is the acidity or basicity of soil, pH scale runs from 1 to 14 below 7 shows acidic 7 is neutral and above 7 is basic.lower numer shows more acidity & higher number shows more basic. While moisture is the water present in the soil and there is no hard & fast rule for moisture % sometimes it is high & sometime low.
Roses need a pH of about 6.5 in the soil. This is slightly acidic soil.

Black-spot is caused by fungus. Optimal conditions for black-spot are (18° - 24°C) with relative humidity around 95%, and the spores must be wetted continuously for several hours.
Keep in mind that fungi thrive in damp, humid weather. Roses growing in Karachi will always be more prone to problems than those in Islamabad.

Water the soil, not the plant. Moisture that clings to leaves, stems and flowers is an open invitation to fungi. Water only when top 1 inch of soil becomes dry.

Water in the morning, not in the evening.

Spray once a week with this fungicide. In 1 gallon (4 l) water, mix 3 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. non-detergent dishwashing liquid ( I am using Detol liquid hand wash) or 1 tsp. vegetable oil--not both. (Always spray pesticides in the evening)

A very informative site about Roses http://www.rose-roses.com/

Return to “Roses”