Rose plant condition due to rain & water

Moderator: Izhar

sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Rose plant condition due to rain & water

Post by sage »

Due to current heavy rains during past few days my rose plants seems in danger. The leaves hav turned yellow and new blooms are withering. its due to dampness n rain water....i want to know will my plants survive or they will die now?
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Rose plant condition due to rain & water

Post by KBW »

Brother, good drainage is very important. If you have standing water in the beds, roses will most probably rot (in fact most plants will). Are your roses in a bed or in pots? If they are in a bed which has standing water and there is no way that you can drain the water out regularly than I would suggest shifting to a place which has better drainage. Shifting poses a smaller problem then leaving roses in water logged soil.
Regds
sage
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Post by sage »

My roses are in beds n offcorse water was standing there...so i hav to shift them at other place, but am afraid if i lose the plant during shifting....
also i hav a rose vine..its like a year old, now growing well...but it havent bloomed yet....i want to know usually how much time rose vine takes to flower? i had bought it frm local nursery i dont know what type of vine it it.
i love roses....i want to know from where in lahore i can get rose plants of different colors and bigger size flowers....
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I tried to shift established roses once. And failed badly despite suitable weather and big Gachi. Good Luck.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Need to go nowhere else. Patoki is "The" place and its close to lahore
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Dont transplant roses now.There are least chances of survival after transplantation at present. The best time for this job is nov-december in lahore.
Just hoe the soil surface lightly to improve air circulation. Also spray some fungicide in the evening.

In lahore you get good varities from Abbass nursery Model Town.
Rafique
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Patoki is best place as suggest by Farhan for all best well known fragrant one.
Rafique
sage

Post by sage »

thank u Farhan bhai &Rafique Sb fr ur guidance.....
i had visited nursery n was told dec would be best fr planting n purchasing new roses..so would be better to wait n see.
during my lil gardening experience i hav noticed gardening teaches u alot of patience..nature teaches us to be calm n patient then enjoy its wonders....:-)

Return to “Roses”