rose buying trip to pattoki

Moderator: Izhar

Sharjeel39
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: I just getting my interest over gardening but still an immature for gardening knowledge and skills.

Re: rose buying trip to pattoki

Post by Sharjeel39 »

AOA guys i am new to gardening and even to roses, all my life i have seen desi and english roses, never even heard of such vast cultivars of rose.
This post i full of nutrients for me and my elevating hobby/passion for gardening flowering and etc.

Firstly i was thinking to consider rose as a hedge plant for my house but Azhar bhai suggested me to lay low, start with desi rose as experiment and then jump to other "big/expensive" rose step by step, therefore in his honor and wisdom i will be planting desi roses initially and then go for real english roses.

But dear seniors i want one thing out of ordinary, ordinary to me only, I want a climber rose, which will bloom not only in winter but in all seasons and adoptable to KHI climate.

Please suggest me any rose with nice fragrance, big flower, resistant to diseases and quick grower.

And please tell me what is I.D of our desi rose.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

The ID of our Desi rose is Rosa Damascena. If you want a climber rose(Which is something extraordinary for Karachi's climate) go for the climber which is Resistant to diseases like black spot, Mildew etc. Climbing rose is hard to find in Karachi So, contact some nursery man which will bring roses from pattoki and then give him the name of the rose you want. But be prepared once you plant climbing rose you need to provide shade in summer and spray pesticide/fungicide at right time. Check the rose database for Climbing roses. Abraham Darby is one of the Climbing rose.
Sharjeel39
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: I just getting my interest over gardening but still an immature for gardening knowledge and skills.

Post by Sharjeel39 »

Thanks Mustansir.
Inam rao
City: pakpattan
Gardening Interests: I am very much interested in growing grafted plants

Post by Inam rao »

I want to grow grafted rose on commercial plz any one help me in this regard
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Inam rao wrote:I want to grow grafted rose on commercial plz any one help me in this regard
Contact Changa nursery at Pattoki for this...

Return to “Roses”