rose buying trip to pattoki

Moderator: Izhar

muhammad umer
City: lahore

rose buying trip to pattoki

Post by muhammad umer »

Hi.
I went to pattoki today to mr ibrahims changa rose nursery . He is off to perform haj Mashallah. But his son is a good guide. However his rates changed once I reached personally. That put me off slightly. I dont like dishonest people. On telephone he quoted different.
Anywho the trip was not a waste . It was a recce for the coming season. Other nuserys had good option from a diffrrent
.ace I got a 3 yr old rose. Good catch.
dragoonsers
City: Karachi

Re: rose buying trip to pattoki

Post by dragoonsers »

I talked to Haji before he left. His son knows stuff, but only Haji sb himself can guide you best. Very honest man. I don't know why he changed the rates. But glad you got the rose!
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

I dont think this is the right time to get roses. I plan to go there in november and when haji himself will be there.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

This this was just a reconnaissance mission. In november I plan to go. Haji sb returning on 26th I plan to go in first week of nov. However I found that some nurseries are selling there mother plants. I might go once again before season to get my hands on some of those beauties. Definitely once after eid. Coz the jam on multan road due to bakra mandi is terrible. The one I got was already potted. So it should survive. I am getting them now coz once rose season starts these old mature beauties will vanish.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

I found other nurseries are also producing roses. Definately first stop will be changa. After which I will visit other bigger nurseries and look for good buys. This season I seem to be inclined toward daivid austin varieties. My goal to get chalice shaped and only fragrant roses this time. Hence david austin preference. However old mother plants whatever is good will interest me . I will post a puc of the plant
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Roses picking time is after first week of December. Umer Changa is the leading rose nursery. The second is Tekadar nursery. Dr nursery has the largest range but they don,t offer roses in Pattoki. They use to sale it in Islamabad.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Umer which other nurseries have mother plants of these roses ?
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Umer before visiting Pattoki make your shopping list. Browse the old post on the forum & make your list. There are so many rose lovers with lot of stuff & yes you can get so many information on the Roses database. Great work still in progress by our most loved rose lover KBW.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

I agree that december is ideal for this job, i am unfortunately however hard pressed for time, for instance my yesterdays trip was the result of some free time my passion. It so happens that i am getting busier by the day with my current commitments. i actually had to convince changa nursery to give me roses in beginning of nov.
while facing multan keep moving ahead on the road , leaving behing changa nursery, about 100 yards ahead to your own side you will see a nusery with large white roses in pots. go and ask him for more, he will show you about thirty forty plants, plus the offer of taking out from groung what you like in their farm. you cant miss it because its the only nursery with the big rose plants in their roadside display. i should have kept his card, but no worries, after eid i will revisit in holidays to get some oldies.
Mr. Umer i do have a sort of list, whenever i like a rose online and especially from davidaustin site i take a pic of the whole detail plus rose, this way when i buy , i cant be misled. Currently i am feeling inclined towards the delicate d.a. blooms. amongst Meiland delbard and kordes, i would appreciate if you or Mr Khabab would guide me to a fragrant and repeat plus resistant variety. i shall be obliged also would love to share with you.
takedar is now on my list,
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Umer bhai! What exactly do you mean by a mother plant. Do you mean original own route / grafted rose that was imported or you are just talking about a 3-4 yes old bush which is now very well established?
Regards

Return to “Roses”