rose buying trip to pattoki

Moderator: Izhar

muhammad umer
City: lahore

Re: rose buying trip to pattoki

Post by muhammad umer »

KBW wrote:
Munir wrote:KBW, here it is.
Great Umar Khan,you have hit the bull; thank you for coming to our rescue. Please confirm it is called Mardan Rose & if it is fragrant or otherwise?
Also, whether you would call it a creeper or what?
Munir bhai, now I am a little confused. This is the same rose which I refered in the link from Rose database in the following post and it contains most of the information that you are looking for.... :roll:
KBW wrote:Munir sb, are you talking about this rose?
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... =30#p15612
Is the link not working? Please confirm!! Other members may also click the link and please do let me know if it is not working. With me it's working ok.

regards

its working on my pc
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Thanks Umer bhai.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes Munir sb its called Mardan rose locally but its real name is Rosa Leavigata . Its non fragrant single rose.It grows wild in the US.Don,t buy it from a nursery just visit F-9 park in Jan & take some cuttings from the shrubs.If you can,t do that i l send you some healthy cuttings in Jan.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Yes Munir sb its called Mardan rose locally but its real name is Rosa Leavigata . Its non fragrant single rose.It grows wild in the US.Don,t buy it from a nursery just visit F-9 park in Jan & take some cuttings from the shrubs.If you can,t do that i l send you some healthy cuttings in Jan.
Thank you for the offer to send the cuttings.As said earlier,I already have three plants, which should hopefully bloom this season.
Umar,this rose even if wild is so beautiful,but don't know why it is not popular & common.I love it.
KBW wrote: Munir Bhai, now I am a little confused. This is the same rose which I refered in the link from Rose database in the following post and it contains most of the information that you are looking for.... :roll:
KBW wrote:Munir sb, are you talking about this rose?
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... =30#p15612
Is the link not working? Please confirm!! Other members may also click the link and please do let me know if it is not working. With me it's working ok.
Confusion confounded! Sorry, there still is some problem.This link everytime takes me to Page 4 of Rose Database,which (right now) contains Serials 82-89 (the contents of this page keep changing-today in the morning it had serials 82-85 & yesterday serials 81-83),but none covered 'Rosa Laevigata'.To obviate this in the future,may I suggest that serial/entry No. may also be indicated in the Index given on Page 1,so that even if the link malfunctions-like now,one could take the reference from the Index to reach the correct entry.
Izhar wrote:Dear rose lovers and experts, i need single flowered roses.. any variety available there?
Izhar,hope this beautiful rose meets your requirement?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Munir sb the answer is simple.Its actually a rambler so its not repeat flowering. Another cause is that it remains in flowering only for a week. One of my friend has a repeat flowering rose climber. Munir sb its gorgeous. I,l try to post its pictures in the season.Its loaded with hundreds of velvet red blooms. I have never seen a climber like that Mashallah. He has great collection of roses.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

I already knew that Umar has this beautiful rambler... lets see how mine performs in winter....
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Munir sb the answer is simple.Its actually a rambler so its not repeat flowering. Another cause is that it remains in flowering only for a week. One of my friend has a repeat flowering rose climber. Munir sb its gorgeous. I,l try to post its pictures in the season.Its loaded with hundreds of velvet red blooms. I have never seen a climber like that Mashallah. He has great collection of roses.
Shall anxiously wait for the picture.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

Hi,
I just discovered Changa rose nursery facebook page. Here is the link,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Changa-R ... 7172530180
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I love the spellings :D
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

aykhan wrote:Most of my David Austin's were brought from overseas and a few from Changa. Changa has most well known varieties of roses but it depends what Haji Saheb decides to graft for the coming year. If you request nice I think if he has a rose he will graft for you. However for this year I think the grafting might be done already. Let's see what we have this year. Eager to visit Pattoki mid-November.

Dear Dr amer yar khan,

i am myself eager to visit and find it very hard to postpone the visit till proprer season, i hope i dont go before mid november so i can really benefit from the trip. i would like to ask you about the strawberry hill own root you mentioned. My question essentially is that , are own roots successfull here in lahore, i learned that they take a slow start, no problem, but will they establish and thrive.
i would love to have your input because that would also tell if the cutting method is futile or usefull.
i once was talking to a person in rose and jasmine garden in islamabad, he had 50 malis pruning the garden, he said we are taking cuttings and all of them grow, BUT none of the cuttings get past july, all of them die.
my interest lies in the d. a. own roots. both the chalice shaped and rossette shaped varieties.

Return to “Roses”