Re: help

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Organic pesticide discussion moved here
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... 837#p27837
muhammad umer
City: lahore

Post by muhammad umer »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Umer there are two things which makes the foliage rubbed. First is spider mites in this case the foliage looks like rubbed & some spider web is visible. Spider mites normally attack in long dry season.
Second is the Green Aphid (Sabaz thela) it attacks when the days are hot & nights are cool.There is no spider web since they are not from the spider family. Both pest are not easily visible. I am 100% sure this is Green Aphid. Spray Imeda Cloprid. Inshallah the problem will be solved.
The plus point is that keep the remaing Imeda Cloprid( under lock & key) which will help you in the early spring. Aphids normally attack roses & other plants in early spring & damage the buds. The buds either die or either fail to open due to Aphids. So the stored Imeda will help you again. Please try to purchase pesticide with max possible expiry date.
Hi,
I have sprayed imidacloprid once , when to repeat application, after 7 days? i applied half tablespoon powder in 2 liters water concentration as advised by arain seed wala guy. Plz guide.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

If the attack is swear repeat after a week.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:If the attack is swear repeat after a week.

How to guage the severity of attack. i cannot see any bugs despite trying. but most of the leaves are curled and twisted and shrunk
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Wilted or dis-figured leaves can also indicate nutrient deficiency and disease pressure.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

muhammad umer wrote:

How to guage the severity of attack. i cannot see any bugs despite trying. but most of the leaves are curled and twisted and shrunk
If you have prepared the soil well, then there will be broad mites which are invisible to naked eye, continue the spray..
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

Izhar wrote:
muhammad umer wrote:

If you have prepared the soil well, then there will be broad mites which are invisible to naked eye, continue the spray..

The soil is very rich and well prepared
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Umer sb some times pest like spider mites & green aphids are not easily visible with naked eye as Farhan sb said earlier.You will have to decide the severity on seeing the condition of the foliage. If you want to see the pest then you may use magnifying lens.Since these mites are not easily seen like mealy bugs,beetles or other aphids thats why they are hard to recoignised.Hope you got my point.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Umer sb some times pest like spider mites & green aphids are not easily visible with naked eye as Farhan sb said earlier.You will have to decide the severity on seeing the condition of the foliage. If you want to see the pest then you may use magnifying lens.Since these mites are not easily seen like mealy bugs,beetles or other aphids thats why they are hard to recoignised.Hope you got my point.

Hi,
I had seen the aphids in spring , so i was wondering why i couldnt see these, uptil now. thanks for informing. the foilage was terrible, however since the first application new growth is less affected, which proves the efficacy of the spray.
Today i had the spray redone, for effective control of the aphid infestation, today i mixed imidacloprid with alliete in the spray machine. seed store guy advised to do so. your opinion in this matter is required.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Umer sb first use only Imedia cloprid. If you see the plants are improving then no use of Aliite since its a fungicide.Don,t use any fungicide until & unless its necessary.Secondly Aliette is to fight Downy mildew which appears in wet cold conditons.Its still hot.Its also used for Phytophthroa which is very hard to control.If your roses have improved with Imidia then its the green Aphids which attacks these days.

Return to “Roses”