help

Moderator: Izhar

muhammad umer
City: lahore

Re: help

Post by muhammad umer »

I plan on pruning on the right time. I am hoping to get some normal growth from these plants in next few months
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

Do the leaves look like spider mite damage.
Does diseen control spider mite. I was under impression it kills all bugs
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Umer there are two things which makes the foliage rubbed. First is spider mites in this case the foliage looks like rubbed & some spider web is visible. Spider mites normally attack in long dry season.
Second is the Green Aphid (Sabaz thela) it attacks when the days are hot & nights are cool.There is no spider web since they are not from the spider family. Both pest are not easily visible. I am 100% sure this is Green Aphid. Spray Imeda Cloprid. Inshallah the problem will be solved.
The plus point is that keep the remaing Imeda Cloprid( under lock & key) which will help you in the early spring. Aphids normally attack roses & other plants in early spring & damage the buds. The buds either die or either fail to open due to Aphids. So the stored Imeda will help you again. Please try to purchase pesticide with max possible expiry date.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

You can also spray Acceta Meprid which will also help you against mealy bugs in the summer. So buy one pesticide & you will control two pests with one pesticide.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Umer there are two things which makes the foliage rubbed. First is spider mites in this case the foliage looks like rubbed & some spider web is visible. Spider mites normally attack in long dry season.
Second is the Green Aphid (Sabaz thela) it attacks when the days are hot & nights are cool.There is no spider web since they are not from the spider family. Both pest are not easily visible. I am 100% sure this is Green Aphid. Spray Imeda Cloprid. Inshallah the problem will be solved.
The plus point is that keep the remaing Imeda Cloprid( under lock & key) which will help you in the early spring. Aphids normally attack roses & other plants in early spring & damage the buds. The buds either die or either fail to open due to Aphids. So the stored Imeda will help you again. Please try to purchase pesticide with max possible expiry date.
I trust your opinion a lot. Will buy aceta meprid so I can control more bugs. Will it also kill spider mites. And the answer is no. There is no webs on the leave. Please review all the pics .if u click on them they will open in new page in correct orientation. Waiting .
Thanks and Eid mubarik Umar khan. Time for you to make some rocket for the new year. Lol. Cheers.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Another thing you should do never sprinkle water on the foliage specially after the evening.Sprinkling water over the foliage will cause black spot which has no cure. Imeda Cloprid or Acceta will not kill spider mites. Oberon is the best pesticide for mites. But the case is not of mites my dear.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Looks like mildew. A fungal disease precipitated by stress either through heat or moisture or nutrition deficiency. there are two types, Downy and Powdery.

Downy mildew develops spores only on the undersides of leaves, it appears in cool, wet conditions and is generally stopped by warm, dry, windy weather.

Powdery mildew will appear on both sides of leaves as well as shoots, buds and sometimes flowers. It thrives when foliage is dry and the weather is warm; wind spreads the spores to other plants. In fact, powdery mildew spores can’t germinate or grow when foliage is wet, so overhead watering is sometimes recommended as a preventative on highly susceptible plants.

Powdery mildew spores will overwinter on your roses, or in plant debris left from last year. When conditions are just right, this year’s growth can be affected and the disease spreads quickly. The optimum situation for the development of the disease is cool, humid nights followed by hot, dry days. If left unchecked, powdery mildew will cause leaves to turn yellow, die and fall off, leaving flowers unattractive.

What conditions are the roses growing in??? because if not right then that the real cause of the problem. You could as Farhan Sb said prune them and hope for the best the following year, however remember to burn the debris and goddi the planting bed free of weeds etc. If the overall conditions are not made right then they will fail to thrive and again succumb to the same mildews next year, eventually they will become so weak and spindly they die.

Give them better growing conditions without other plants competition until they are established and they will revive themselves. If they are under trees or next to vigorous plants as well as understory weeds/flowers rather than lose them I would be tempted to move them during the dormant season. A home made spray recipe of 10% milk solution works just as well as the leading synthetic fungicide and as well as sulphur. This will kill off most of the current fungus spores.

Good luck and my best regards
Ifzal
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Another thing you should do never sprinkle water on the foliage specially after the evening.Sprinkling water over the foliage will cause black spot which has no cure. Imeda Cloprid or Acceta will not kill spider mites. Oberon is the best pesticide for mites. But the case is not of mites my dear.
Thanks for your kind guidance. Looking fwd to a good flush this fall with aceta meprid now. Hopefully.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

newton wrote:Looks like mildew. A fungal disease precipitated by stress either through heat or moisture or nutrition deficiency. there are two types, Downy and Powdery.

Downy mildew develops spores only on the undersides of leaves, it appears in cool, wet conditions and is generally stopped by warm, dry, windy weather.

Powdery mildew will appear on both sides of leaves as well as shoots, buds and sometimes flowers. It thrives when foliage is dry and the weather is warm; wind spreads the spores to other plants. In fact, powdery mildew spores can’t germinate or grow when foliage is wet, so overhead watering is sometimes recommended as a preventative on highly susceptible plants.

Powdery mildew spores will overwinter on your roses, or in plant debris left from last year. When conditions are just right, this year’s growth can be affected and the disease spreads quickly. The optimum situation for the development of the disease is cool, humid nights followed by hot, dry days. If left unchecked, powdery mildew will cause leaves to turn yellow, die and fall off, leaving flowers unattractive.

What conditions are the roses growing in??? because if not right then that the real cause of the problem. You could as Farhan Sb said prune them and hope for the best the following year, however remember to burn the debris and goddi the planting bed free of weeds etc. If the overall conditions are not made right then they will fail to thrive and again succumb to the same mildews next year, eventually they will become so weak and spindly they die.

Give them better growing conditions without other plants competition until they are established and they will revive themselves. If they are under trees or next to vigorous plants as well as understory weeds/flowers rather than lose them I would be tempted to move them during the dormant season. A home made spray recipe of 10% milk solution works just as well as the leading synthetic fungicide and as well as sulphur. This will kill off most of the current fungus spores.

Good luck and my best regards
Ifzal
Thanks for the wonderful information..
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

Eid mubarak to all my dear friends on this forum. Have a wonderful anf blessed eid with your dear ones.

Return to “Roses”