Rose Database... are the links working??

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Rose Database... are the links working??

Post by KBW »

I have hyperlinked all entries in rose database on page 1. Munir sb is facing a problem in reaching those hyperlinks. I am quoting the following from another thread where we were having a discussion on how to resolve the problem. Since the thread was regarding purchase of roses from Pattoki, I did not feel like continuing this discussion there and opened a new thread for it.

Munir wrote:
KBW wrote: Munir Bhai, now I am a little confused. This is the same rose which I refered in the link from Rose database in the following post and it contains most of the information that you are looking for.... :roll:
KBW wrote:Munir sb, are you talking about this rose?
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... =30#p15612
Is the link not working? Please confirm!! Other members may also click the link and please do let me know if it is not working. With me it's working ok.
Confusion confounded! Sorry, there still is some problem.This link everytime takes me to Page 4 of Rose Database,which (right now) contains Serials 82-89 (the contents of this page keep changing-today in the morning it had serials 82-85 & yesterday serials 81-83),but none covered 'Rosa Laevigata'.To obviate this in the future,may I suggest that serial/entry No. may also be indicated in the Index given on Page 1,so that even if the link malfunctions-like now,one could take the reference from the Index to reach the correct entry.

The problem is that in reply to a query, I had quoted the link to Rosa laevigata which is given in the database. Munir sb from his computer could not reach the link whereas I was able to reach it everytime. I tried it from 3 different machines and everytime I reach the correct place. The link is working well on Umer sb's computer as well. Why is it not working on Munir sb's computer. Is it working well on other member's machines?

I am not a computer expert and do not understand why it is happening like that!! Could the other members check the links given in the Rose Database and see whether they are working or not and if there is a problem, what is the problem and how it can be resolved. Someone with better knowledge of computers can help.
regards
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Rose Database... are the links working??

Post by KBW »

Just checked most of the links again. Most of them are working fine but few do not go to the exact post everytime though they go to the correct page. That means sometimes the link takes to the next post which is on the same page. Can anyone help me in sorting out this issue?
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

yes for this problem sir don't give the address of whole page but that specific post.click on the post and then select "copy link address".this way only that specific post will be hyperlink example i hyper linked above post here.
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... 944#p27656
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Hamad Ahmed Kisana wrote:yes for this problem sir don't give the address of whole page but that specific post.click on the post and then select "copy link address".this way only that specific post will be hyperlink example i hyper linked above post here.
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... 944#p27656
This is exactly what I am doing. I am quoting the link of the post and not of the page. This way, most of the links are working ok and when clicked, take the user directly to the intended post. However, some of the link go to the next post (on the same page) sometimes (not always). How to solve this issue in a manner that when a use clicks a link, it straightaway takes him to the start of the desired post?

regards
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

i have checked multiple times and its working fine. However do wait as one is directed to new page....first you are shown the top post and then it automatically scrolls down to the linked post.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Its working for me KBW.
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

That's good. thanks a lot everyone. :)
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

@ KBW
A pertinent couplet from Munir Niazi:
"Aik aur darya ka samna tha Munir mujh ko..............jo aik darya kay par utra to mein nein daikha"
(I faced another obstacle/problem,I saw after I had surmounted/gone across one.)
This is what has happened to me( there must be something in the name),in trying to locate Rosa Laevigata.I have found it alright, at Serial/Entry # 27 through one by one search of entries,as the quoted link would never take me there, because of a descending setting of the posts-my own choice for convenience.However, alternatively,it would have been easier to locate the said rose, if the Serial/Entry # was mentioned in the Index.Now I also know the reason of the quoted link not reaching the correct place, but don't know how to put it right because of another problem.On this,I ll get back with details later, but here I just wanted to update you, as you must be curious about it.
Last edited by Munir on October 18th, 2013, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Farhan sb. Just a opinion Why don't we make a a main topic rose database and sub topics of types and then their name if it is easy?
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

In future Insha Allah.

Return to “Roses”