Romantica roses

Moderator: Izhar

rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Re: Romantica roses

Post by rafique »

isaeed wrote:dear Umer
I beleive you planted these roses last december.Are you allowings the buds to bloom?.i have been advised to remove all buds for the first three or four months and no fertilizers.What is your take on this?thanks
You are advised right, but there is no harm to enjoy the couple of blooms :P . Better to remove the most of the buds to flourish healthy roots.
Also if new sprouting has started then you can give low doses of water soluble npk weekly. You should add manure and plant fert mixture in soil. Hoe, mix it with soil and then deep water, its safe, slow and long acting and also improve the soil texture which liked by the roses. Keep eye on pest and diseases and act symptomatically.
You will enjoy the great pleasure of roses insha-Allah.
Good luck.
Rafique
muhammad umer
City: lahore

Post by muhammad umer »

Saeed the thing is i got them for my own pleasure. Which i get when a rose performs.

I have been over every word avaialable aboit roses on the net. I have lost roses. Now i dont hinder their progress. I like to believe there is some hormone system in roses. The more u let them flower the more they thrive. Rest about strong plants and debudding is all good. But i for one dont have the heart or the patience.
In 2 months they give me 2 flowers next year they will produce 4. Win win.
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwlohiehvc8yw ... .54.10.jpg

The above link os california dreamin buds about 2 buds on each plant in 2 months. Each flwer grows more then 6 inches in diameter. The more i let it flower the more it buds and throws leaves and suckers ( suckers indicate healthy roots)
Plz try to convince me to disbud this beauty.
Will post blooms tpp
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

Lesson learnt this year.

Roses need acidic soil.

Manure lacks nutrients. Is insufficient food.
Why does it give result. Coz it makes soil acidic and improves texture.
Its npk is very low.

So u need a npk on top of manure.

If u are in summers now and cant use manure . Ur soil is alkaline . Lahore soil is alkaline. Dont fret.
Add 2 drops of vinegar to bucket of water and water the roses your roses will respond to acidic soil by starting to grow..
Tea leaves also act by acidifying the soil.

The whole game is about the growing medium and nutrients.
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Umar i agree with most of things you indicated but the harmones are important in rose climbers. In climbers such harmones are generated on the tip of main shoot which limits the flowers generation on lowes shoot/secondary shoots thats why most climbers are recommend to train at 45 degree or in arch shape,which restrict the generation of such harmones that lmits flowering.
Yes roses are greedy plant they require alot of food, but when established. NPK, trace elements, good soil texture,soil ph all do matters but first let them to establish with minimum levels of nutrients.
Disbudding of newly planted roses is important for bushy growth and healthy roots to develop initially.
Rafique
muhammad umer

Post by muhammad umer »

rafique wrote:Umar i agree with most of things you indicated but the harmones are important in rose climbers. In climbers such harmones are generated on the tip of main shoot which limits the flowers generation on lowes shoot/secondary shoots thats why most climbers are recommend to train at 45 degree or in arch shape,which restrict the generation of such harmones that lmits flowering.
Yes roses are greedy plant they require alot of food, but when established. NPK, trace elements, good soil texture,soil ph all do matters but first let them to establish with minimum levels of nutrients.
Disbudding of newly planted roses is important for bushy growth and healthy roots to develop initially.

I agree completely . I have found that when u let a rose flower it works faster to make roots shoots and leaves maybe to satisfy its living being need to reproduce by setting seed
So if u buy a new rose which has suffered great shock transplan you can go two ways about it either disbud and defoliate or just let it be.
If u dont touch it , it recovers faster automatically rejecting and killinh the buds and extra shoot that it cant support.

my point being it doesnt hurt new plant to work overtime. Even though giving it time to establish produces far better results. And with established roses if you feed them like new ones the blooms show difference.

Return to “Roses”