Issue with Newly Bought Roses

Moderator: Izhar

sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Re: Issue with Newly Bought Roses

Post by sage »

There is one more issue i hav a rose vine...its nearly 2 years old...growing well & healthy but it havent bloomed yet. I want to know how long will take take to bloom or what is the reason its not blooming??
Pic is attached.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1389977269837.jpg
new gardener
City: Karachi

Post by new gardener »

S.Ahmed wrote:
new gardener wrote:Few days back i bought some Roses from a Local Nursery.. and they all are without POT as they sold in (GAACHI) as nursery men says.. the problem is that i ran out of BIG Pots .. the nursery man told me that they can survive for weeks in the same condition in GAACHI just shower water on them regularly.. now when i arrange BIG POTS and Potted those roses .. few of them showing the sign of survival and few showing dead.

i will upload pics too soon.. but please tell me if my roses will survive or Not.

or any special instructions for me.. please advise.
How much did those rose 'GAACHIs' costed u? Its always interesting to hear what others are buying and how much they're paying for it..

40 RS Each :P
sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Post by sage »

I bought Rs 50 each gachi.
Rahooja
Gardening Interests: Keeping my garden healthy

Post by Rahooja »

rafique wrote:
Rahooja wrote:I had the same problem and thought it was the cold dry weather of karachi. I have done some godee around the bedded part and put some organic fertiliser and watered generously. Some signs of growth are visible now, hoping they will survive.
They will survive insha-Allah. Dont let the soil to completely dry out. Keep it moist but not soggy. Do not give any further dose of fertilizer till their recovery.
JazakAllah...the plants are doing well although I am not sure if there will be any buds during this season
new gardener

Post by new gardener »

Survived... :)

But with Few Dents :mrgreen:

Rest are Showing Giving New Leaves..

Advises required from the Gurus for the New Rosarian !!
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Nice progress did these roses shed all the leaves? But as Umar sb. and other respected members said on the forum to pluck all the buds and do not let it flower in the first year.

Return to “Roses”