Rose Help

Moderator: Izhar

Faiqa Hameed
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Taking care of flowering plants.

Rose Help

Post by Faiqa Hameed »

hi.....
I live in lahore. I need some help with this rose plant. I wonder its getting taller and taller but not giving a single bud. Kindly suggest ways .

Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Re: Rose Help

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

If u want side shoots of your plant, just like bushy then u need to pinch out (break the stem with thump and forefinger.) or with the help of cutter. Just pinch out or cut the plant main stem from the tip, terminal bud. Few days after side axillary buds will be sprouted. The pinch is done just above the middle of the stem.

Plants naturally put their energy into growing tall stems, pinching terminal buds make the plant bushy.
Attachments
pruning-roses.jpg
pruning-roses.jpg (193.33 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
Learn & Share
Faiqa Hameed

Post by Faiqa Hameed »

Sorry but I don't understand ..... It's actually not giving a single flower . I will really appreciate if u can clarify more through any picture or any link of tutorial ???
Faiqa Hameed

Post by Faiqa Hameed »

Ok now I got it .....Thanx loads for the help. I will try it .
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa Faiqa i think your plant is in shady location. Another thing the soil is moist most of the time am i right.
Faiqa Hameed

Post by Faiqa Hameed »

waslam ...... No its not in shade .It gets direct sunlight for 5-6 hrs each day. I have taken this pic at 6 pm .That's why it seemed so. I have little knowledge of gardening , but have researched alot on roses so far . Rose plants do need lot of water for its better growth . Isn't it ?
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

I think it is a sucker growing from the root stock. Is it a grafted rose ? If yes, check the grafted union on the root stock it will be a bulging part of the rose stem below. If the the growth is coming from the ground level of the stem then it probably is a sucker, remove it as ti will not flower and will only draw energy from the overall plant.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes roses can not tolerate wet feet.Tahir its the desi rose & i think its not a grafted stock.Ok Faiqa please purchase liquid NPK 20,20,20 with trace elements.Spray on the plant on forth nightly bases.plus also apply some old cow manure & DAP granuler into the soil & mix in godi. water after DAP application. Its not the time to feed roses but i dought your bushes are hungry.
Faiqa Hameed

Post by Faiqa Hameed »

Ok Mr. Tahir I m not sure if its grafted rose . I will check it again in day light tomorrow and will post pic from the root point for further clarification. I did used DAP granular two weeks ago . Growth is extremely good but Its not sprouting flowers that's the point I m confused about .
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

IMHO prune as suggested by smartline256 and give diluted foliar spray of 202020 NPK as suggested by Umar Bhai, side shouts will sprout and carry the flower buds Insha-Allah.
Umar Bhai its really hot these days in Lahore, temperature approaching to 35 C, rotten manure may cause some harm to plant? Apparently plant is looking very healthy.
Rafique

Return to “Roses”