rose

Moderator: Izhar

mubashiryousaf
City: islamabad
Gardening Interests: lawn, flowers

rose

Post by mubashiryousaf »

how to prevent black spot disease, do any one know about the chemical that could be easily available in pakistan , plz tell me the exact name of chemical , i have sprayed baking soda solution last month , which is effective till now,what to do in future?
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Re: rose

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

This is most common disease in roses. Since the black spot fungus infects when the leaf surface is wet either by rain or sprinkling water by own on the leaves. this fungus disease appear in usually in monsoon when weather is warm and there is lot of rain and so humidity increase.

Avoid wetting rose foliage. and allow good air circulation and discard the infected leaves and burn them so disease no more spread.

in inorganic pesticide Bordeaux mixture, Mangozeb, sulfur, captan may help u to control this disease.
and in organic pesticide baking soda, neem oil may help u.
Learn & Share
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

mubashiryousaf wrote:i have sprayed baking soda solution last month , which is effective till now,what to do in future?
If its working so far than why do you wish to use a chemical pesticide ?
Raja_Qaiser
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: New to Gardening.

Post by Raja_Qaiser »

Plz share baking soda solution recipie, i have roses in pots on roof and i dont want to spray any chemicals bcoz kids play around and i am cautious about kids.
Thanks

Return to “Roses”