DISASTER WITH ROSES

Moderator: Izhar

Madiha Humbal
City: Karachi

DISASTER WITH ROSES

Post by Madiha Humbal »

ASSALAM O ALAIKUM,
I am a die hard fan of roses. last year in november i bought seven healthy rose bushes. i kept them in containers because of restricted space. they worked really well for me till the weather was moderate. as soon as the summers began they were attacked by spider mites i was able to control the pests and they started growing too. but as the temperatures started climbing, they stated burning and dying. i asked so many people and got many advises. some said i was over watering them and others gave me advises to feed my plants with different organic matters. none of the advises worked and now i am only left with one plant which is producing really small and burnt like flowers. i want to buy and keep more plants but i clearly don't know how to. advice is needed on when and how to buy healthy plant. when and how much to water them. when and how much to prune them. and how to keep them alive and healthy in karachi.
JAZAKALLAH
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: DISASTER WITH ROSES

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Your plants were healthy but as soon as you applied organic matter it resulted in disasterous output. Keep plants in shade giving only one hour morning sunlight, fore nightly spray Fungicide, put your pots over a tray filled with sand if they are in contact with burning floor, Do not let the bloom since, all the energy of the plant is utilized to form blooms. At this stage my 9 out 10 roses are surviving. producing less leaves, Shading leaves but are growing.
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

I really don't have shade on my patio in summers. I get eight hours of sunlight in summers. But as much s I have red about roses they require atleast six hours of sun. Is it true sir
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Six hours is Necessary but due to our harsh summer months it is recommended to give shade to roses and other winter plants in harsh sunlight. And than in October you can bring back roses in sunlight. You can Create Shaded area just hang a cloth or green sheet over roses to prevent sunlight.
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Six hours is Necessary but due to our harsh summer months it is recommended to give shade to roses and other winter plants in harsh sunlight. And than in October you can bring back roses in sunlight. You can Create Shaded area just hang a cloth or green sheet over roses to prevent sunlight.
Thankyou very much sir. but since i have lost all of my plants, i will have to buy new ones in october or november. then i will seek your advice once again.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Try, try, try again, at last you MAY succeed.
Or bhi ghum hain zamana main roses kay sewa
Rule of thumb, provide environment conducive for Roses or forget.

Return to “Roses”