Having problem with Hybrid Tea Rose and Desi Ghulab alike

Moderator: Izhar

Omar
City: Lahore

Having problem with Hybrid Tea Rose and Desi Ghulab alike

Post by Omar »

AOA, everyone. I am new to this website and thought to ask you help regarding identifying the problem that I am having with ROSE planted in pots.
Every rose (i have 6 of them, 1 creeper and in soil, others in clay pots) has stopped growing all this summer and in moonsoon, they all developed what I diagnosed as overwatering and black spot. I stopped watering the plants immediately, just watered when the surface was very dry (once a week). Sprayed fungicides and pesticides to no use.
During this rainy season, new leaves that grow were darkest of brown in color and one plant, every new growth was black it eventually died 1 week ago. However, other survived and now new leaves have started to grow with a hint of same problem. pictures are attached.
the plant that died
the plant that died
DSC01705.JPG (36.24 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
DSC02480.JPG
DSC02480.JPG (35.18 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
the white spots are that of fungicide
the white spots are that of fungicide
DSC02481.JPG (35.76 KiB) Viewed 5248 times
close up of brown growth will be uploaded shortly.
Would appreciate immediate help to stop the remaining plant from dying.
In case you need any queries to diagnose the problem, do not hesitate.
Omar

Re: Having problem with Hybrid Tea Rose and Desi Ghulab alik

Post by Omar »

here goes the close up of brown growth.
Attachments
DSC02481 (1).JPG
DSC02481 (1).JPG (25.27 KiB) Viewed 5246 times
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa Omar for lack spot useKSS Carbendazim(3 Rice spoons) plus Imedia cleopard(i rice spoon) in 12 ltrs hand pump.it,s also very agaist powdery mildew.Inshallah ur problem will be solved.
Omar

Post by Omar »

thanx, Umar Khan for quick response. I have used Carbendazim as an additive in watering 1 week ago and the pic are as of today but have not used imedia cleopard. Will use the combo and update about the result.

BTW, what is that brown growth? is it powdery mildew?? it's very crisp to touch as opposed to fresh leaves and drops when touched.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

actually the attack is very worst on ur roses.use Carbendazim wiyh Imedia clopard after 1 week intervals.also use bayers Aliette it fights against Downy mildew.fungus & black spot are major threat to roses in moonsoon.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Dear Omar, welcome to the forum... the weather at Lahore is wet for a long time, you just need regular fungicide sprays (say every week or every five days)... the monsoon will be over after this month hopefully and inshaAllah your roses will recover...
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Omer dont be discourage Black spot is the major problem with roses in warm & rainy season.increase the frequency of ur fungisides.always spray in early morning or late evening.when u l prune in DEC ut off all infected bars & remove all leaves.its common problem we rosarians face n warm season specialy in moonsoon.Availbality of roses is no problem for u.visit Pattoki in mid of Jan.plant good arities like perfect moment,maria shriver,paradise,pappa mieland,bejazo(ronald regon) and enjoy!
Omar

Post by Omar »

Umer Khan, thank you for your support and encouragement. The one thing I learned in gardening is to be very very patient. I am putting in lots of effort with all my plants, not just roses, and have the result to Allah.
InshaAllah, everything will be alright and my roses will return to life. Fingers crossed.

Just to update, I sprayed what you suggested last evening both on leaves and in roots and will repeat in 4-5 days. Also started to fertilize with liquid fertilizers side by side with 15 days interval, currently with equal NPK value (8,8,8) and planning to turn to (10,10,45) or (19,0,38) after 2-3 gos and eventually to stop by mid or later november when flowering stops and roses go dormant.

Correct me if I am planning a disaster.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

i use simple formula.light prune these days to get winter blooms.enjoy wintr blooms till DEC.after 15th DEC prune hard.remember pruning time s very critical.just note the wheather.decide to prune keepin in mind when the buds will sprout dangr of frost will be past.because frost kills any fresh sprouted buds.after hard prne feed with old cow anure(not fresh manure).the next day feed wth NPK(I use 20,20,20 cause its easly avble)water imediatly.after a week start foliar DAP on forthnightl bases.when first flower buds appear stop feeding.keep inedia cleopard in advance
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

keep imedia clepad in adv because u,l need it.aphids normaly attack the flower buds.when they appear sray as soon as possible before the buds open.its very important because any chmical spray will harm the flowers.avoid chemicals in full floeing unless very important.when the first flush is over start foliar again.when f.buds reapear stop feeding again.do not feed after 2nd flush becaue hot summers arrive.feeding in summer harm bushes.enjoy roses

Return to “Roses”