handel
id please
gold peace
gold medal.frag
freesia (other name SUN SPRITE) frag
Double delight.frag
desi gulab frag
cherie perfait
i think its enough.i,l post more for rose lovers.
cherrie perfait
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: My roses 2012

Post by aykhan »

Mashallah Umar great great rose collection. You must be the king of roses! I think the yellow one is Alasmeer Gold (non-fragrant). The very light pink one appears to be David Austin Sharifa Asma (it must be fragrant?). The striped one looks like Scentimental (should be fragrant). The other pink one with ruffled edges if fragrant is probably Augusta Louise. I have all of these and they are wonderful. It's hard to ID roses since there are so many similar varieties. The purple one you say is Shocking Blue is very similar to Angel Face. I brought many roses from US because ID was guarantee but I see a lot of David Austin look alikes here without an ID. I think most roses do end up in Pakistan but the nurseries are not careful about keeping ID since most people other than rosarians do not care. They just want a baeutiful color and fragrance and that is enough for them.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes you are very right Dr sb no one cares about IDs here in our country.secondly many people think hybrids are not fragrant.only serious people like us are aware how much fragrant is there in the modern hybrids.there are too much similarities in varieties.the striped one i asked is not scetil.i,l post some pictures of it.i have some 6 varieties of striped roses.the pink one i asked not Sharfa asma.i have sharfa asma.its very fragrant & delicate pink.thanks to id the yellow one.i,l post more soon.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Some more roses
bridal pink
fragrant cloud
Annvil sparks
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Anvil Sparks is a beauty and unique color. I must search for it now.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

You can get it from Tekadar nursery Patoki.he has some 1500 varieties.if you can not fins sparks i,l give you some plants next season.sparks is very old stripe variety but still it,s one of the finest.
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

Beautiful roses u got there ! Mash Allah !
Umer I am searching for a dark purple rose I saw abroad. The purple i am talking about is the shade of purple in sweet peas. also in ranunculus. Do you know its name or have a pic of it ? Its petals were very neatly packed. i dont remember it was fragrant or not but that doesnot matter as long as it is the purple rose I am looking for.

P.S the 2nd pic is of Clivia (orange).
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Google Big Purple, Ebb Tide, Heirloom and Angel Face roses and see which one is the one you're looking for.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Ebb tide is the most purple & i should say real purple rose available on the market.i m not sure is it available in Pakistan or not.its a in my wish list along The New Year(crisp orange).its very fragrant.all things are right but lets see how will be its real color in our climates.temp actually plays big role in rose colors & also the location.fragrance is not my top priority ,i love the disease resistant varieties.its because the big problem is black spot which our roses have to face in monsoon.for fragrance we have many other flowers which are only meant for fragrance & nothing.its another thing that frag is also a plus point if the variety is fit for our hot climates.

Return to “Roses”