liliums

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: liliums

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes you are right Ahmad.i,l do it.i have planted Queen Palms & Foxtail palms this year.i m wondering how will they look after a couple of years.i lost my Bottle palm this year which really made me sad.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by AhmadIrfan »

My foxtail palms just starting sprouting new leaves seems like a slow growing palm
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I m trying this palm for second time.but i don,t think it will survive here.because Lahore,s temp is warmer than Mardan.as you said its sprouting just now,i think it have little chances to survive.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Page one liliums, page 2 Palms?.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Brig. sb. is right... we should strictly stick to the topic...
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

I bought my lilium bulbs last fall, as I had no experience with them I did not plant them deep enough. + the growth had already started when I bought them. They didn't flower in Spring in fact the growing stem had died due to cold weather in winter probably. Yesterday when I was changing that pot's soil I found that lilium bulb growing new roots. I planted it back this time deeper than before. Is it expected to bloom in Monsoon ?
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Yes they will bloom, Arif sb havent your liliums bloomed again, waiting for the pictures.
taimursalik
City: lahore

Post by taimursalik »

In my experience Asiatic liliums can be naturalized in Lahore weather,I have tried growing oriental lily's also but they only boom once and don't come back year after year like my Asiatic lilies do. I have some Asiatic liliums which are over 5 years old. the lilium in the picture which AhmadIrfan posted is also asiatic I think which can be naturalized here, if you can protect them from fungi .

@ AhmadIrfan did u get these lilium bulbs from chanan din seeds? because I buy some from him this year and they are same colour as yours in the pic and they also are blooming again.they bloomed in November and are starting to flower again now.. i will add some photos to once I resize them.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Yes I bought these from Chanan din these were supposed to be 4 different colors Chanan din is propably the most unreliable shop to buy seeds from last year he sold statice stinuata seeds and I had asked for statice rose Mary.

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”