Moderator: Izhar

Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Re: HoW tO keEp DormAnt tUbeRs

Post by Syed Adnan »

Yes you are right , all bulbs performed better in bed for sure but i have only pots and the few beds lacks the winter sunlight. By the way how you can purchase Nerines in PAK ? any shop ?
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

well I m not sure if we can buy them from any nursery in Pakistan but I bought them from UK http://www.vanmeuwen.com/

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

Hi
I want to ask the same question again.As Izhar Sb. and Syed Adnan mentioned that caladium bulbs should be kept in soil during dormancy.I had 5 caladiums last year i kept their bulbs in soil while their folliage had gone and then the bulbs were gone too :cry: .I think the fault was on my part ...but what was the fault?Anybody help...
Regards
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

AOA

What I think or my conclusion is that it all depend how you keep the bulbs in soil because during dormancy they don’t need water but as Izhar mentioned earlier that when the surface is too dry or after week or two just water them with a little spry, that’s what I believe where we are lacking after losing some good number of bulbs and variety and for the rest if Izhar or any other expert can share his/her first-hand experience

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

One factor you should consider that in my area i.e. Karachi, the winters are very mild compared to the areas you people reside.. the tropical tubers like Caladium need winter protection so they need to be taken out and kept inside the house...
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

Thank you Hamad and Izhar Sb.I think i will take out my caladium bulbs next time.
Regards
Rabia
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

This is my second year starting since I started planting bulbs last fall. The ones in the ground which have almost 100% re-sprouted are Paperwhites, Freesias some Narcissus varities. I had removed calochortus, ranunculus, babiana, tritonia and sparaxis from the ground and just wrapped them in paper and kept them in the cupboard in a cardboard box. Almost all of them have been 90% plus fine except the ranunculus which have rotted about 60% of them. The dahlias in the pots are sprouting and never really went totally dormant since they re-sprouted in the heat after I moved them into shade. The ornithogalums in the pots have also re-sprouted 100%. Amaryllis are perennial and haven't gone dormant. I really don't think I took any precautions but here are the results. I am wiser after Izhar's advice.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

rabia wrote:Hi
I want to ask the same question again.As Izhar Sb. and Syed Adnan mentioned that caladium bulbs should be kept in soil during dormancy.I had 5 caladiums last year i kept their bulbs in soil while their folliage had gone and then the bulbs were gone too :cry: .I think the fault was on my part ...but what was the fault?Anybody help...
Regards
Normally if indoors I use to put them in dry peat moss, but i prefer leaving them in pots here in winter temp never reach below 10C , so iam not afraid, leaving them in pots yield young ones and multiplication is faster,if you want to move them inside just make sure they need slight humidity to survive , putting in peat moss will help to ensure they will not dry out but peatmoss should not be moist.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

actually climate dose effect a lot in keeping the bulbs because some bulbs can’t survive the winter if they are dormant in soil but for us who live in a bit colder areas if we keep the pots indoor or in green houses then it’s alright but if they are out in the cold they can die because of the low temperature of the soil and same could be the case of those who are dormant in summer and in hot climate conditions digging them up is to provide them survivable climate but still for me, I’m experimenting!!!! I hope God will help me ;) for those who are in Lahore and Karachi I must say you guys are lucky because your climate suits in a lot of manners but for us due to serious changes in temperatures from winter to summer and then again from summer to winter it’s a bit hard.

But where we got some disadvantages at the same time and because of the same reason we got some advantages that’s how everything works so no complains, hard feelings and regrets

thanks to almighty (Allah)

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Ontollede
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

finasteride and sex drive reddit

Post by Ontollede »

<a href=http://propecia.bond>dutasteride vs finasteride 2014</a> NKCC1 immunoreactivity was present on the cell membranes of most nodose and jugular ganglia neurons projecting to the trachea, and it was present on the peripheral terminals of putative mechanosensory nerve fibers in the airways

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”