Planting gladiolus

Moderator: Izhar

Farah Muzaffar
City: DHA Islamabad
Gardening Interests: From flowers to vegetables ... love to grow bulbs

Planting gladiolus

Post by Farah Muzaffar »

Hello to all ... I want to plant gladiolus and tube roses in my garden but don't know exactly when to plant the bulbs ... And what care they need in our climate ... Please if anyone plant them ever ... Guide me about it ...
Thanks a lot ...
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: Planting gladiolus

Post by Hamad »

Farah for Gladioli I m afraid you are late because they are already on buds and producing flowers and their planting time is fall end of Jan or start of Dec, you can plant Tuberose nowadays and they will flower for you, they are not fussy in soil requirement you can plant them in mix of soil and manure and little bit of sand.

hope this may help

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farah Muzaffar
City: DHA Islamabad
Gardening Interests: From flowers to vegetables ... love to grow bulbs

Post by Farah Muzaffar »

Thanks Mr. Hamad for your help ... Actually I plant my gladious corms in mid December ... But even plants are not in mature shape ... Just some leaves ... May be less sun ?
Sure I am going for tube roses ... thanks for informing me the right time for planting ...
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Actually I plant my gladious corms in mid December ...
that's all right then
But even plants are not in mature shape ... Just some leaves ... May be less sun ?
if you could post a photo then it would be easy to guide you according to the condition, are you applying any fertilizer? what sort of soil combination you have used to plant them? and how many hours of sunlight they receive every day and from what time to what time?

if you could answer above mentioned questions then it would be easier to establish the cause, because you have planted them in December that sounds ok and one more thing from where did you acquire Glads corms, are they fresh purchase?

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”