Moderator: Izhar

Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Bulblets of Hycinths

Post by Syed Adnan »

My 02 Hycinths bloomed and left 14 bulblets , mother bulb is dead and baby bulbs are sprouting , what to do? shall i lift them up and store them or shall i keep them in soil , temp here are reaching 40 C .
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Bulblets of Hycinths

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Don,t worry this is normal with Hycinth bulbs.after the flowering mother splits & die leaving so many bulblets.lift them,store in cool dry place.you will have to repeat this every year.after 2 years in their third year the bulblets will mature enough to flower.after flowering the same procedure will repeat.once i used to grow them but i do not grow them any more like other bulbs.the only bulb i prefer is Amaryllis Hippeastrum hybrids.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Thankx,

Regarding Amaryllus , i just purchased the hybrids and put them in pots,they are growing do they also need to kept in cool dry place ? Also my lillium has bloomed , will the same Lillium bulb bloom again next year ?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hi Amaryllis are very easy to grow bulbs.there is no need to lift them.leave them un disturb for a couples of years.actually this creates natural impact.they also serve as green plant after flowering.they are fit for hot climates.after flowering apply some liquid NPK with higher phosphorus.it increases bulb size.remember the bigger the bulb,the bigger flowers you get.this is also very true about Glads.

Return to “Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers”