Nemesia strumosa

Database of Endemic & Garden Plants of Pakistan

Moderators: Izhar, Tahir Khan, mirafzalkhan, Hamad Ahmed Kisana, rafique, KBW, jdashraf, Hamad, M Farooq

Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Nemesia strumosa

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

Botanical Name Nemesia strumosa
Family Scrophulariaceae
Genus Nemesia
Specie strumosa
Common Name Nemesia
Life Cycle Annuals
Fragrant or Not No
Category(Bush/Vine/Tree) small bedding plant
Height 6-18 in.
Spacing 3-6 in.
Flowering Months spring
Flower Color Scarlet (Dark Red)
Orange
Red-Orange
Gold (Yellow-Orange)
Pale Yellow
Bright Yellow
Growing Areas All Pakistan
Frost Tender yes
Exposure Sun to Partial Shade
Soil pH tolerant
Propagation by seeds
Uses ornamental bedding plant
Other Details Nemesia is an attractive annual plant that has its origins in South Africa. Its flowers have wonderful patterns that resemble the markings on orchids. 'Nebula Mixed' has lots of bright, showy coloured flowers, from red to cream, on compact, uniform plants. Expect blooms throughout spring. Plants look good in borders, containers and window-boxes.They resemble snapdragons and linaria, to which they're related.Nemesias grow from 6 inch to 2 feet tall, with sparsely branched plants. They grow erect, with the flowers carried in large clusters at the top. There's a wide color range, including yellow, orange, brown, pink, red, and lavender-blue.Nemesias like fertile, well-drained soil and prefer full sun, although they will tolerate partial shade. Use them for edgings, in rock gardens and walls, and for borders. They're splendid container plants and make good cut flowers, too.
images courtesy Farhan Ahmad.

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Nemesia strumosa

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

They caome fast to flower & within few days every thing is over.that,s the main reason i am nor more growing Nemesia.as fas as the blooms are considered, very bright & unique in shape.Karnival is the coom hybrid but Nebula is my favorite.Other colors which are very beautiful are Danish Flag & KLM.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Farhan is it Nebula.i don,t think its Nebula.it looks like Carnival mix.Nebula & Sundrops are dwarf habit with bunches of flowers.If you have purchased it as seedlings from a nursery then i am confirmed its not Nebula.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

khan sb you are right it is not nebula.error is corrected. thank you for pointing the error.

Return to “Flora Pakistan Database”