cactus seeds

Moderator: Izhar

mughal113
City: Lahore

Re: cactus seeds

Post by mughal113 »

AoA Tahir sb,

Please let me know if you have still some available to give away. Thanks in advance. :-)
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Ahhhh! finally a cactus person on the forum 8-) where were u all these years :D Mughal sb welcome to the forum, looking forward to a good cactus info n plants seed share :)
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

saeed sb its an honour :) now that u have got the seeds the method to get good germination rates out of them is to use sand instead of soil, for all the seeds use 2 parts coarse sand and 1 part soil mixed with dung(gobar ki khadd) mix all these things well and get a decent size of clay pot no plastic or other material is allowed coz the soil will not dry out easily.
now fill the pot half way with this mixture and for the top filling use fine light sifted sand and finely sifted cow dung or coco peat mixed together as this mixture will help retain enough moisture to stop the seeds from rot!
now place the seeds on top of the pot ready with soil and place the seeds carefully spaced and then just about half an inch of top dressing with the fine sand and coco peat mix and water form top with a sprayer very carefully until the fully moist.
drainage is also important the pot needs to have an adequate drainage, now keep the pots in a shady area as the seeds need humidity to germinate and no full sun exposure is allowed and INSHALLAH in a few weeks you will have seedlings :) Happy Growing
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Mughal sb! please PM me ur address n contact no.
saeed
City: Islamabad

Post by saeed »

Tahir sahib. The seeds I got from you were sown in April are growing now. Though the germination rate was not high (please do say that it was due to less experience as I am growing seeds from years.) I think the seeds were not very fresh. I prey for you everyday as I see and water them.
One thing I was to add that cactus grow best when temperature is between 20 and 30C. More over the cactus seeds need light to sprout like Petunia so the seeds should not be deep in soil.
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

AhmadIrfan wrote:Can I get some cactus seeds too ??
did i sent u the cactus seeds? :shock:
zainab
City: lahore

Post by zainab »

can i get some cactus seeds too
sending u my add
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

Tahir Khan wrote:Hi saeed sahab! i have a passion for gardening and my most loved hobby is collecting cacti and succulents :) i have some seeds of cacti and succulents the detail of which i will post later, just PM me your address and i'll send you the seeds :)
AOA
Tahir sb. as you mentioned you are interested in succulents,can you guide me about sedums available in Pakistan.Cacti are given more importance than succulents ,perhaps because of their hardiness but succulents are neglected .
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

Tahir Khan wrote:Hi saeed sahab! i have a passion for gardening and my most loved hobby is collecting cacti and succulents :) i have some seeds of cacti and succulents the detail of which i will post later, just PM me your address and i'll send you the seeds :)
AOA
Tahir sb. as you mentioned you are interested in succulents,can you guide me about sedums available in Pakistan.Cacti are given more importance than succulents ,perhaps because of their hardiness but succulents are neglected .
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

rabia wrote:
AOA
A.o.a Rabia yes basically my hobby started with cacti and succulents but now i diversify in gardening and also grow conventional or you can say normal plants too :mrgreen: , what type of sedums are you interested in and do you have any cacti or succulents you growing at the moment.... i will guide you accordingly. :)

Return to “Cacti and Succulents”