My Cacti in bloom

Moderator: Izhar

omerkhalid
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Re: My Cacti in bloom

Post by omerkhalid »

Really loved your post, i have a couple of cacti myself and am looking forward to acquire more in coming time.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

omerkhalid wrote:Really loved your post, i have a couple of cacti myself and am looking forward to acquire more in coming time.
Welcome omer, i see you have interest in cacti and succulents....what varieties you have right now ? :)
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

mughal113
You not only have a very good collection of cacti, you also know how to preserve the memories. Brillian photography brother, enjoyed watching the pics and watched them many times. Thanks for sharing these beauties.

Could you please name the camera and lens used... any filter?
regards
omerkhalid
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Post by omerkhalid »

Tahir Khan wrote:
omerkhalid wrote:Really loved your post, i have a couple of cacti myself and am looking forward to acquire more in coming time.
Welcome omer, i see you have interest in cacti and succulents....what varieties you have right now ? :)
Well my cacti collection is not a collection as such, i just have a handful of them but i have recently developed an interest in Agaves and have acquired around 15 varieties in a short time, here is a list of them, i have some extra ones which i would be happy to exchange.

Agave Parryi
Agave Potatorum
Agave Americana
Agave Lophantha Quadricolor
Agave Variegated Angustifolia Milky White
Agave Americana 'Mediopicta Alba' white-striped (available for exchange)
Agave Desmettiana (available for exchange)
Agave Desmettiana Veriegata (available for exchange)
Agave Desmettiana Veriegata Multicolour (available for exchange)
Agave Desmettiana Veriegata 'Joe Hoak' "Grey Leaves" "Rare & Unique"
Agave Lophantha 'Splendida'
Agave Ocahui
Agave Polianthiflora
Agave Xylonacantha
Agave Americana Variegata
Agave Americana Striata
Agave Angustifolia Variegata
Agave Angustifolia

There are some which are still very small and difficult to identify.
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Nice.. maybe we can work something out..What about Haworthias and Gasterias..the jewels of succulent world ?? any interest in them
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

Well i am afraid i find them way too complicated, i mean i wont be able to coup with so much interests at a time, i have had such an exerience in collecting postage stamps so i would for the time being stick with succelents and cacti :) and then i have got interest in flowering / fragrant plants, bulbous plants and vines
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Hahahaha, you will with time sink into this hobby so much that you will want each and every plant, we have many vines and bulbous plant enthusiasts here...just browse the forum and discover more :)
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

omerkhalid wrote:Well my cacti collection is not a collection as such, i just have a handful of them but i have recently developed an interest in Agaves and have acquired around 15 varieties in a short time, here is a list of them, i have some extra ones which i would be happy to exchange.

Agave Parryi
Agave Potatorum
Agave Americana
Agave Ocahui
Agave Polianthiflora
Agave Xylonacantha
Agave Americana Striata
Agave Angustifolia

Khalid sb, would you like to share pictures of your Agaves with us? They are usually very difficult to identify because they don't produce flowers so easily. If you are sure of their IDs, we will add pictures in our database for future reference and for other gardeners. Here is our database: http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewforum.php?f=37

Thanks.
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

Tahir Khan wrote:Hahahaha, you will with time sink into this hobby so much that you will want each and every plant, we have many vines and bulbous plant enthusiasts here...just browse the forum and discover more :)

You are right Tahir Sb :lol:
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

M Farooq wrote:
omerkhalid wrote:Well my cacti collection is not a collection as such, i just have a handful of them but i have recently developed an interest in Agaves and have acquired around 15 varieties in a short time, here is a list of them, i have some extra ones which i would be happy to exchange.

Agave Parryi
Agave Potatorum
Agave Americana
Agave Ocahui
Agave Polianthiflora
Agave Xylonacantha
Agave Americana Striata
Agave Angustifolia

Khalid sb, would you like to share pictures of your Agaves with us? They are usually very difficult to identify because they don't produce flowers so easily. If you are sure of their IDs, we will add pictures in our database for future reference and for other gardeners. Here is our database: http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewforum.php?f=37

Thanks.

Ok M Farooq sb i would love to share the pictures and yes you are right i am also net very sure about some of them and would be happy to share them so that their names are confirmed. I see that we have only a fraction of varieties available here in Pakistan so i would try to acquire small specimen from abroad, i guess we can ask someone to slip in a handful of plants in their luggage and hope that they survive the trip, any tips on how to make sure that they are able to live through their journey :?:

Return to “Cacti and Succulents”