Hello Avid Gardeners.

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Hello Avid Gardeners.

Post by khabbab »

Which gentiana family flowers you think can grow good in lahore. Eustoma is common in lahore but it is too slow and not easy from seed. Would like to try any tough plants from this family from seed. I assume they are grown better in Islamabad as the climate is temperate as compared to lahore.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

I dont know much about Lahore and what kind of water it has. For example, Karachi has acidic tap water so they have head start. PH value there is six as far as i remember and DH is soft. Islamabad/Rawalpindi has calcium packed water, basic in nature and my DH value kit had a limit of 22 while the reading was off the scale. Very very hard water.
Lahore i dont know but what you can do is go to a Aquarium pet shop and get a PH kit and a DH kit. Check your water.
They need slightly acidic water or neutral plus soft. Dont give up, the water dripping out of your AC is distilled water, practically (Contamination and filth inside AC unit) and its neutral. Make good use of it. If you want to make it further acidic, pour it into a drum. Take a muslin bag, put little manure, peat, a pinch of humic acid and hang the muslin bag into the drum. In time you will get a tea like solution which is acidic in nature and very high in micro nutrients ( by the way gardeners abroad call it fertilizer tea). Use that. Wonderful foliar spray also. Dont forget the aquarium water either, wonderful tonic packed with minerals and nitrates/nitrites.
Regards.
NaziaShakeel
City: Lahore

Post by NaziaShakeel »

KAMasud welcome to this wonderful community. Hope to see you around.
Malik B
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: It`s my favorite hobby.

Post by Malik B »

I have to ask about the common name of Lisianthus plant,it`s availability in Islamabad and it`s price. kindly tell me if anyone know about it.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Welcome, I am sure we are going to enjoy your company.
Sir, I object to your statement that, Gardeners world wide are very helpful. except here it seems. I think it is a pre mature statement,You will find the members of this forum as helpful as those anywhere.

Return to “Introduction”