introduction to the members

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: introduction to the members

Post by Hamad »

Hamad wrote:please to welcome yet another tuber lover do you still have 5 of zepheranthus, 3 of lycoris and pancratium or you used to have in Karachi and did you manage to keep the easter lily corms or you were buying new every season because this sound really interesting because you live in very hot place if you know the secret then share with us please, you have a long list of nice tubers I hope you will be a nice addition to this forum and will share your experience and we will wait for the photos of your plants

Regards
Hamad

welcome back, seems to be you were dormant for a while ;) :) :D :lol:
same questions again as mentioned above, and what time (month) you plant your easter lily corms and in what time (month) they flower for you?

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
yahya.ghazali
City: daharki

Post by yahya.ghazali »

dear hamad: i am pleased to know that u are interested these heavenly flowers as i consider them the best for size colour texture longivity and good perfume. Easter lilies here in daharki as well as in karachi remain dormant from mid may to mid October in little bit wet soil in a shaded area. do not water them too much just keep the soil a little wet so as to keep the bulbs hydrated. in October i take them out and plant them in new container, the bigger the better, placing them two inches from the surface. in my pots i place two three inches of dung manure then mixed loam and at the top four inches mostly sandy soil with a little dung manure. in November here in daharki or by late october in karachi they sprout. i place the pot only in the morning sun till January, then i keep it in open sun. in February a nice flush of blooms come. for the whole month. sometimes in April a second flush also comes which i do not want as April is too hot here and it only weakens the bulbs.i always shift the pots in the morning sun area in march where they remain till may when the leave turn yellow . in the first week of June i pull out the dead stems and keep the pot in shaded area again.hope this will help you.
yahya.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Yahya, you ve given a comprehensive treatment to the entire process of Eastern Lillies.Thank you for that.
It would be nice if you could give such details about the other bulbs also that you are growing or you know about.
Also about their source ie, if they are easily available locally?
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

yahya.ghazali wrote:dear hamad: i am pleased to know that u are interested these heavenly flowers as i consider them the best for size colour texture longivity and good perfume. Easter lilies here in daharki as well as in karachi remain dormant from mid may to mid October in little bit wet soil in a shaded area. do not water them too much just keep the soil a little wet so as to keep the bulbs hydrated. in October i take them out and plant them in new container, the bigger the better, placing them two inches from the surface. in my pots i place two three inches of dung manure then mixed loam and at the top four inches mostly sandy soil with a little dung manure. in November here in daharki or by late october in karachi they sprout. i place the pot only in the morning sun till January, then i keep it in open sun. in February a nice flush of blooms come. for the whole month. sometimes in April a second flush also comes which i do not want as April is too hot here and it only weakens the bulbs.i always shift the pots in the morning sun area in march where they remain till may when the leave turn yellow . in the first week of June i pull out the dead stems and keep the pot in shaded area again.hope this will help you.
yahya.
thank you Yahya for detailed break down of Easter lily's life cycle, it may clear a lot of ambiguity and questions in my mind.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
yahya.ghazali
City: daharki

Post by yahya.ghazali »

salam to all the members
please tell me where can i get the ox blood lily and amaryllus belladonna bulbs . i have found through the net that they can do well in our environment as hot as zone 11. please also tell me if someone is growing them or not. i ordered belladonna lily from chanan din two times and i was handed over hippies.
thanks

Return to “Introduction”