Maqsood ul Mulks Garden Chitral

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: Maqsood ul Mulks Garden Chitral

Post by Munir »

A splendid garden indeed, with an impressive selection of plants & beautiful blooms- an envy of any gardener.
Hindukush Trails
City: Chitral

Post by Hindukush Trails »

SHADES OF GREEN
Ayun Fort Garden IMG_5983.JPG
Hindukush Trails

SHADES OF GREEN
Ayun Fort Garden_5963.JPG
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Great scenery.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Indeed great scenery. I must say that the garden has been arranged very meticulously and elegantly making good usage of space and plants. Especially the colour contrasts are very eye pleasing. In the first photo yellow and dark red combination used for roses looks very nice. Also the red and yellow combination at the back.

Maqsood sahib the design of the garden & the arrangement of plants reflects your great taste. Can you tell the names of the trees at the back shown in the second photo. They seem to be either Elm or Juniper trees?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I wish I was there
sarahassan298
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: i love to do planting or gardening

Post by sarahassan298 »

Really beautiful garden.. I love roses..

mikhurram wrote:Indeed great scenery. I must say that the garden has been arranged very meticulously and elegantly making good usage of space and plants. Especially the colour contrasts are very eye pleasing. In the first photo yellow and dark red combination used for roses looks very nice. Also the red and yellow combination at the back.

Maqsood sahib the design of the garden & the arrangement of plants reflects your great taste. Can you tell the names of the trees at the back shown in the second photo. They seem to be either Elm or Juniper trees?

"Right behind the roses is a pink Lagerstroemia ( not yet in bloom ) on its right the lush green is a grape wine and a black mulberry tree ( for autumn colours will put up photos some day ) . Behind the Lagerstroemia is Juniperus Macropoda and Juniperus Chinesis and the big one far right is Honey locust, Gleditsia triacanthos, It’s a thorny tree that blossoms when winter is about to end, the honey bees then descend on it like locusts from all over the valley thus the name."
450px-HoneyLocustThorn.JPG
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Great to see Juniper Macropoda thriving in Chitral. This Juniper variety is indigenous to Ziarat where it's forest are rapidly disappearing owning to widespread cutting by local people and the timber mafia.
munirrzia
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Got interest in medicinal plants of hilly areas.

Post by munirrzia »

Dear Maqsood ul Mulks, May I request for few flowers and leaves from Honey Locust Tree planted in your garden. I need this for a research student, please. Regards, Munir Zia, PhD Email: munirzia@gmail.com ; Cell: 0333-6057246

Return to “Introduction”