introduction to the members

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

yahya.ghazali
City: daharki

introduction to the members

Post by yahya.ghazali »

asalamoalaikum
my name is yahya ghazali. i just joined the forum. i am presently living in daharki sindh, and presently i am growing a number of garden plants, mostly warm climate bulbs, here. i am constantly on the hunt to find new bulb varieties that can grow here. back in karachi where i belong i almost grew all the available varieties of hippeastrum, crinums, glads, tuberose, zephranthus heberanthus, paperwhites, etc. here i have 17 or 18 varietis of hippeastrums, 3 of crinums, 5 of zepheranthus, 3 of licoris, easter lilies, tuberose, scadoxes, pancratium, gladiolus,etc. i also have pineapple plants, roses, few cacti and succulents, louisiana iris, carnation, 5 varieties of adenium,crepe myrtle, 4 varieties of bouganvilla, few seasonal plants like marigold, stock, petunia, aster, callendula and gerbera. in my kitchen garden area i have falsa bush, karipata plant, a green lemon plant and a pink guava plant. i also have a small fig plant. in seaonal varieties i have broccoli, iceberg letuce, cauliflower, methi, corriander, onions, garlic, dill, reddish red, origano, sweet basil, spinach, etc. daharki is a very hot place, but other than seasonal plants i have been able to grow all of them and they all have naturalised here. i even have successfully been growing orchids and hoyas too.
i hope through this forum i keep in touch with those who have this passion of gardening and i will learn quite a few things from the people there.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: introduction to the members

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear about so many things that you are growing. We have some avid bulb growers such as Sir Arif, Syed Adnan and Khabbab and many more. I hope you will prove to be an active member and share your experiences as well as learn. Do share your photos
Regards
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Glad to have another highly enthusiatic and knowledgeable member. Hope that we will learn from your contributions. Welcome!
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

please to welcome yet another tuber lover do you still have 5 of zepheranthus, 3 of lycoris and pancratium or you used to have in Karachi and did you manage to keep the easter lily corms or you were buying new every season because this sound really interesting because you live in very hot place if you know the secret then share with us please, you have a long list of nice tubers I hope you will be a nice addition to this forum and will share your experience and we will wait for the photos of your plants

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Welcome, your experience will be a great help to us.
Arif
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Welcome to the Forum. It was nice to know about ur interest in all three types of (home) gardening,ie. lawn plants, fruit trees & veggies. Look forward to a mutually beneficial interaction.Happy gardening!
Kaiser
City: Karachi

Post by Kaiser »

Lovely having you at this wonderful site, Such a range you are enjoying with :-) Congrats. Would love to see some pictures of your selection specially the succulents & cactus if you can upload here. Happy gardening
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Welcome, i used to live in Engro Daharki and won a couple of flowering competitions there, goodluck to you as well.
yahya.ghazali
City: daharki

Post by yahya.ghazali »

salam to all the members i regret my delay in answering. i will in few days be answering the posts and interacting with u all . presently i have given good off season slumber to some of my bulbs like easter lily and paperwhites and gladioli. october is the time when the activity starts . still i am waiting for the monsoon showers to wake the zaphranthus lilies as they put up a marvellous show of colours after thorough drenching of rain water . i will take help of som of my students and show you all the pictures of these. thanks
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Looking Forward

Return to “Introduction”