HELP: newbie from KHI

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

mahira
City: karachi

HELP: newbie from KHI

Post by mahira »

ASSALAM O ALAIKUM .. im from karachi and pretty new to gardening .. as much as a child is to ABCD :P so while searching on net for different problems that im facing i came across this forum.. and really was very happy to see the effort u people have put in.. most of my problems got solved.. and motivated me to improve.. but i just have a terrace and pots to play with.. :) i've bought some plants from nursery for spring and all those that i bought in winter got dried because they were seasonal and i had to go out of town so rest got dried up :( well one problem that im facing is that ants have built homes in my ROSE plant and it is worrying me alot.. i mix up all their sand each day but it comes back the other day.. i searched up the internet and the solutions people give are usually america related.. so i was wondering if u could help me.. ive read that ants destroy the roots.. :( and im worried about my healthy rose plant.. and i've read that switching the soil settles it.. but i wanted to be sure befor i take any action..please help me :) thanx
asimishtiaq
City: Karachi

Re: HELP: newbie from KHI

Post by asimishtiaq »

Welcome to the forum,i faced the same problem with my plants so i sprinkled good quantity of coopex powder on the plant and on the soil surface it did the trick and iam not facing this problem any more.hope it will help you!
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Welcome to the forum.. Asim has correctly mentioned .. coopex powder will eliminate the soil borne pests.. regarding prevention, place your pots in trays filled with water.. put some pieces of broken pots or marbles so that the pot is a bit above the water level....
mahira
City: karachi

Post by mahira »

hey thanks alot :-) well the idea of coopex struck me late night yesterday and I did sprinkle a good amount around the pots n in one of them too but I was unsure if it will be work or nt,it did the trick for the timebeing, and I returned here to ask if it was ok to use it and wow u guys have already suggestd it,bt please do let me know if it's safe to use it on soil often,will it not harm the plant? :-)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I have not observed any side effect on plants rather the label on the bottle says its safe to use on plants. Soil..short term No....however regular excessive amount might be harmful
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

mahira wrote:hey thanks alot :-) well the idea of coopex struck me late night yesterday and I did sprinkle a good amount around the pots n in one of them too but I was unsure if it will be work or nt,it did the trick for the timebeing, and I returned here to ask if it was ok to use it and wow u guys have already suggestd it,bt please do let me know if it's safe to use it on soil often,will it not harm the plant? :-)
It wont do any harm to plants i normally use it for my birds also in order to kill any mites or ticks i used it on Cat and Dogs also so iam sure it wont your plant also but for Ants its deadly !;)
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Welcome. Interesting about Coopex.

Return to “Introduction”