Maqsood ul Mulks Garden Chitral

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Hindukush Trails
City: Chitral

Re: Maqsood ul Mulks Garden Chitral

Post by Hindukush Trails »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Every time I go through these pictures I am filled with joy, Thank you Maqsood.
Please keep posting as many pictures as you have.
" Thank you Sir, just playing around with the colours i have a lot to learn from all of you at the forum. I need your help in identifying this lovely flower given to me by a local my herb expert , he says its from the mountains of Chitral but I doubt. Its a large Dahlia size blooms in spring "
Ayun Fort unknown.JPG
Hindukush Trails

Hamad wrote:stunning, beautiful out of this world, you are so lucky to have this garden.

Hamad
Nothing comes easy Hammad sb, this is how blank it looked when I built the place in 2005. Except for the old conifers it was hard work planting ,we have boulders 1 feet below surface. For every plant one has to completely change the soil to get them growing then only the intoxicating colours.
1 (3).JPG
Hindukush Trails

rafique wrote:Delightful views, inviting to visit the world's most beatiful landscapes. We are lucky to have such places in our country.

Last images is looking like a Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow (Brunfelsia bonodora)

Surviving and flowering there, really amazing :?:
Rafiq Sb. Bougainvillea is the most common vine bush tree in Pakistan but it took me 6 Six years of continued struggle to grow in Chitral. I didn’t give up protecting it from wind and snow and kept on replanting when it died. Now I have the only one in the area that has survived for 3 years and its my joy Ah I Love it
IMG_3408.JPG
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Its Peony & it can be grown only in cold regions like Chitral.You should import plants of Peony if you can & grow it there. Also grow Hydrangeas & Fachias which can not be grown in our plains. I think this variety of Peony is Bowl of beauty.Maqsood sb Peony has a very long life & they flower after a long time.One of my friend has this species( Bowl of Beauty) at Abbottabad in his lawn.Ah what a beauty!
Last edited by UMARKHANMARDAN on March 16th, 2014, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

There are two main categories Shrub Peony & Tree Peony. Its really a beauty which i can,t grow.Another thing which you can plant & grow is Magnolia. I am not talking of Magnolia Grandiflora but the free flowering Magnolias. One is standing in F.F mes, Abbottbad. Its a superb tree which we can not grow in plains.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

An idyllic setting..

Some really good suggestions from Khan Sahib regarding Hydrangeas and Magnolia. I believe he is referring to the Pink Magnolia known as 'Magnolia Campbelli' grown in Abbotabad.

The only thing i see missing in your garden are the indigenous Cherry trees which are grown widely in Chitral.

In Washington D.C the Cherry trees imported from Japan planted along the waterfront edges of the Potomac river and near the Capital Hill building at the beginning of the 20th century give a terrific display and a festival known as "Cherry Blossom Festival" is celebrated on similar lines as the one in Japan.
Hindukush Trails

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Its Peony & it can be grown only in cold regions like Chitral.You should import plants of Peony if you can & grow it there. Also grow Hydrangeas & Fachias which can not be grown in our plains. I think this variety of Peony is Bowl of beauty.Maqsood sb Peony has a very long life & they flower after a long time.One of my friend has this species( Bowl of Beauty) at Abbottabad in his lawn.Ah what a beauty!

Thank you Umar Sb for the info on Peony. I have both the flowering Magnolias white and Pink, Campbeli blooms very early the white one comes up later with the roses. I am now planting a dozen or so Hydrangea that i picked from Haripur not sure of the colours yet
Hindukush Trails

mikhurram wrote:An idyllic setting..

Some really good suggestions from Khan Sahib regarding Hydrangeas and Magnolia. I believe he is referring to the Pink Magnolia known as 'Magnolia Campbelli' grown in Abbotabad.

The only thing i see missing in your garden are the indigenous Cherry trees which are grown widely in Chitral.

In Washington D.C the Cherry trees imported from Japan planted along the waterfront edges of the Potomac river and near the Capital Hill building at the beginning of the 20th century give a terrific display and a festival known as "Cherry Blossom Festival" is celebrated on similar lines as the one in Japan.
How could I miss them Khurram Sb but they are in a seperate portion that i am developing . They will bloom in a few days
Hindukush Trails

Wisteria in spring bloom ,I have stopped it growing into a vine whenever i cut them i get some flowers in summers to
Wisteria.png
Wisteria.png (242.51 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Hindukush Trails wrote:
Hamad wrote:stunning, beautiful out of this world, you are so lucky to have this garden.

Hamad
Nothing comes easy Hammad sb, this is how blank it looked when I built the place in 2005. Except for the old conifers it was hard work planting ,we have boulders 1 feet below surface. For every plant one has to completely change the soil to get them growing then only the intoxicating colours.
1 (3).JPG
now from this photo we can clearly see how much effort you have put to create such a beautiful garden, and gardening is something that need love with care and with your manicured garden its quite evident that you have love for garden and plants your roses are absolutely stunning and the views from your garden are out of this world, for people like us who live in urban and metropolitan cities in plains surrounded by metallic and cemented landscape consider your garden and house as a heaven on earth :) , thanks for sharing your garden with us.

Happy gardening

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Introduction”