Newbie with lots of queries!

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Ifrah
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I've just started loving gardening as a hobby. I'm new to it. But definitely wanna learn more.

Newbie with lots of queries!

Post by Ifrah »

Asslamu alaikum everyone!

My name is Ifrah (as you can also see it as my Username) and I'm a Doctor by profession. I live in Lahore. I've never been into gardening before. But after I got married I had to look after the lawn & the grassy plot of my home on my own with the help of my gardener. And honestly I found it fun. But also, I felt myself quite ignorant about everything about gardening. So, I started searching about some plants present in my lawn & I came across this website, felt quite happy & relieved, believe you me. ;)

Right now, inside my lawn, I have lots of Marigolds (gainda), Jasmine arabica (motiya), Rose (desi red gulaab), Lemon, Cestrum nocturnum (raat ke raani), newly planted Pansy, baby trees of Guava, Orange, plants of Tomato, Green Chilli, Brinjal (gifted), LemonGrass.

Outside I've got Petunia, Sada Bahaar (flower), Gul-e-Ashrafi (flower), a plant of Black pepper, Bottle palm, Kanghi palm, Ulta Shoq, Fex with white-green leaves. There is also Bougainvillea & lots of other vines with yellow, pink & red colored flowers (I'll post the photos soon to identify them!)

It's a request if someone can tell the Botanical + English names of these plants. And do tell if these plants / trees are a good choice for a climate like that of Lahore.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Re: Newbie with lots of queries!

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

A very warm welcome. Looking forward for an active participation.upload photos for identification we will try to solve IDs.
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Welcome and all the best. Share pics of your lawn, plants n flowers, i am sure you ll get some good suggestions from members..
Javed Ashraf.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Wellcome Dr Sahib to the forum.You have got a great variety already with you to start with.Go through the forum and you will find many useful information.For any additional information,members here will always try their best to help you.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Welcome to the forum. You can get botanical names from flora database.
Ifrah
Gardening Interests: I've just started loving gardening as a hobby. I'm new to it. But definitely wanna learn more.

Post by Ifrah »

Thank you so much everyone. I feel quite blessed Alhamdulillah to get such a positive response. May Allah bless you all. Ameen!
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Good to see another doctor on the forum :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com

Return to “Introduction”