Enchanted

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

FarahAkhtar
City: Multan
Gardening Interests: Kitchen gardening, Organic gardening, Garden design

Enchanted

Post by FarahAkhtar »

AoA Everyone

I am a newbie, not only to this forum, but also to gardening. Yet, I am enchanted, truely amazed by this newly discovered hobby. I am an Engineer by profession so, as you may guess, had to take the scientific way and have been READING a lot (A LOT) about gardening. Aparently, most of the material I came across is US centric so you can imagine my joy over finding this forum I am already fascinated with the idea of sharing my future gardening adventures. :D

I live in Multan and travel frequently between Bahawalpur. You could say I live and garden at both these places. Mostly, container gardening in Bahawalpur and trying to design our own garden in Multan. Whereas you can guess that the climate here is extremely hot, my garden is such that we get only partial shade in most places and very heavy shade in some corners and nooks. That's why it's been hard to get grasses to grow without the sun. So, ground cover is a great challenge. This same space I am trying to use for kitchen gardening too with mixed results in the past. So, I'd be happy to recieve suggestions and hope that there are some other gardeners in similar conditions who can share their wisdom.

Glad to be here.

Farah Akhtar.
hnasir
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Orchids
Roses
Citrus
Annuals

Re: Enchanted

Post by hnasir »

Hello Farah, salaam and welcome to the forum!

I'm in Karachi, but we have many experienced gardeners from Punjab and they may be able to help you more.
For starters, if you could post pictures of your garden, not only is it exciting to look at new gardens, but members can help you better!

Best.
whitetiger297
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Ornamental , flowering ,fruits and vegetable plants

Post by whitetiger297 »

Welcome to the forum..
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

welcome on the forum, great to hear from you and I hope you will find this forum of a great help, fun and joy.

Happy gardening

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Welcome to the forum...
FarahAkhtar
City: Multan
Gardening Interests: Kitchen gardening, Organic gardening, Garden design

Post by FarahAkhtar »

Thank you all. I am feeling very welcome. Also, I'll soon post the pixtures of my garden and latest project, especially because I need help with some staking and composting issues. Looking forward to happy gardening and sharing with all of you.

Return to “Introduction”