Super Excited Beginner

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Anum
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Kitchen Garden, self help, tomatoes, chilli, lemon

Super Excited Beginner

Post by Anum »

Hello fellow gardeners,

I had no idea that Pakistanis were such active gardeners, before I stumbled upon this forum. This is such a wonderful initiative, for which i'd like to thank the mastermind of this platform: THANK YOU! Also, all the members who've been posting here, you've no idea how valuable your posts have been for me.

Two months ago, it was my birthday and I was given the most unique and prized present of my life: a seedling tray and two packets each of tomato and chilli pepper seeds. My imagination had no bounds and I quickly sowed about half a packet of my chillis into the seedling tray. After days, around 20, of waiting, my patience ran dry. I had tried to do everything to make my seedlings appear. A few did show up but they were so weak and fragile that they started dying on me immediately.

That is when i started Googling and that is when I found this forum.

Two months of trial and error later, i am now a proud beginner of three really healthy pepper plants, about 8-10" tall each and 20 tomato plants which have all started to show yellow flowers.

Also have four baby lemon seedlings!

I live in Karachi, growing the plants in 10-12" pots and hoping to add more fruits and veggies to my list! InshAllah!!
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Super Excited Beginner

Post by khabbab »

Welcome to the forum Anum,

Thank you for appreciation. We are really indebted to not only newcomers like you who appreciate when discover this forum but also to those who are active contributors to this forum.

You will find many karachi gardeners here. Do search the forum thoroughly, lots of information you will seek, will already be here.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Anum
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Kitchen Garden, self help, tomatoes, chilli, lemon

Post by Anum »

Thanks for the warm welcome :). I've already read a few posts of my interest (leaf miners, ughh don't get me started on those) and will be posting soon regarding the status of my plants! If anybody who's reading this needs any kindof info on the aforementioned crops, please feel free to ask! Also, gardening is such an elevating experience, you should all encourage your friends and family to take up this amazing activity :).
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Post by muhammadimran7 »

welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduction”