Passionate Beginner

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

chaudhary_ar2005
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Fruits, vegetables and flowers.

Re: Passionate Beginner

Post by chaudhary_ar2005 »

Hi Members! These are my Tomato plant pictures, seems it is well grown now.

What are these yellow little buddings in tomato plant? Are these flowers? Is this right season to start flowering for tomato plant?
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

These are flower buds. It will flower and fruit but its quality and quantity will be weak but after January it will be fruiting like crazy
chaudhary_ar2005

Mustansir Billah wrote:These are flower buds. It will flower and fruit but its quality and quantity will be weak but after January it will be fruiting like crazy
Ok Sir, thank you! Kindly suggest any cheap way to prevent this whole area from cold weather here in Lahore as there are many tiny tomato plants also.

Muhammad Bilal
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

Wts the minimum night temperature there in Lahore in winter?
If there is too cold, as u said, at day or in night u can protect ur plants covering them with polythene sheet just like as green house. This will protect ur plants from frost injury.
Also in ur post of October 9th the condition of ur bed soil looks poor. It need to be amend with well rotted compost of plants or manure, also incorporating some sands if compacted.
Learn & Share
chaudhary_ar2005

Currently its 7-8*C here in Lahore at night and day temperature is ~20*C so I am little confused whether to cover them right now or wait till end of December. Night and day temperature is varying very much so as a beginner i am not sure when to cover them at night and when to uncover them at day. There was not a single night of fog till now.
chaudhary_ar2005

Muhammad Bilal wrote:Wts the minimum night temperature there in Lahore in winter?
If there is too cold, as u said, at day or in night u can protect ur plants covering them with polythene sheet just like as green house. This will protect ur plants from frost injury.
Also in ur post of October 9th the condition of ur bed soil looks poor. It need to be amend with well rotted compost of plants or manure, also incorporating some sands if compacted.
Yes, you are right. Soil condition was bad at that time but now it is little better and my organic compost project is under way right now. Will apply to these plants once it completed.
Muhammad Bilal
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

According to my experience 7-8 C at night is not dangerous for ur plants unless the temperature goes to 0 or below this point. Cover ur plants when temperature goes to 5C or below this. Becareful with day time high humidity and temperature. Open some of sheet when there is high humidity or temperature in the day. High humidity and temp both are dangerous for the plants.
Learn & Share
chaudhary_ar2005

Muhammad Bilal wrote:According to my experience 7-8 C at night is not dangerous for ur plants unless the temperature goes to 0 or below this point. Cover ur plants when temperature goes to 5C or below this. Becareful with day time high humidity and temperature. Open some of sheet when there is high humidity or temperature in the day. High humidity and temp both are dangerous for the plants.
Ok. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will follow these.

Return to “Introduction”