Beginner gardener in Islamabad

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

jojo_1905
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Container gardening, flowers, frangrance flowers, vegetables

Beginner gardener in Islamabad

Post by jojo_1905 »

Assalamualaikum,

I just started gardening about 1 month ago.... so far progress has been so-so and since recent discovery of this forum I am hoping that my Balcony garden will improve. I am doing container gardening on my balconies with some flowers, herbs and vegetables. I am mostly at seed and seedling stages with exception of some roses, jasmine, curry leaves and lemon tree which i got from nursery. I am hoping to creat small fragrance garden with vegetable fruits on my balcony. Hope to learn a lot from this forum and perhaps to join in on the flower seed purchase for this year fall planting season.

Salam...
Mrs. Khattak
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Re: Beginner gardener in Islamabad

Post by jdashraf »

Welcome aboard. You may ask specific questions for experts to reply. However before asking questions you may like to go through the posts and discussions already made on the subject. Happy Gardening and all the best!!
Javed Ashraf.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Welcome to the Forum... Here, lots of people are doing container gardening including me... So, feel free to ask Queries...
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Post by muhammadimran7 »

Welcome to the Forum.
Asma laique
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Beginner

Post by Asma laique »

Hi im a beginner in planting .i want to know ive planted tamatoes in this "kayari pots" but thy didnt growed y is that soo.and wat can u plant in pots m trying to make kitchen garden in pots cz i live in upper floor..oh by the way bhindi is growing good n plants so is green pepper guide me cz i have nooo idea
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Tomatoes are planted in October, they dont grow well in summers...
farah fayyaz
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

I planted many seedlings in march and Alhamdulillah got awesome result. Variety was "Sawera" from NARC. Still getting some tomatoes daily Masha Allah.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The pleasure is more than the material.
Good luck
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

farah fayyaz wrote:I planted many seedlings in march and Alhamdulillah got awesome result. Variety was "Sawera" from NARC. Still getting some tomatoes daily Masha Allah.
Btw if u go to NARC often, do plz share pics of some of the interesting varieties of fruiting and flowering plants they are breeding for Pakistan. Saw this programme on dawn TV. Didn't know we had such a nice agri research n preservatory org

https://twitter.com/dawn_news/status/616974193536577537

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
farah fayyaz
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

talha.bin.ayub wrote:
farah fayyaz wrote:I planted many seedlings in march and Alhamdulillah got awesome result. Variety was "Sawera" from NARC. Still getting some tomatoes daily Masha Allah.
Btw if u go to NARC often, do plz share pics of some of the interesting varieties of fruiting and flowering plants they are breeding for Pakistan. Saw this programme on dawn TV. Didn't know we had such a nice agri research n preservatory org

https://twitter.com/dawn_news/status/616974193536577537
Yes, no doubt. They are doing very hard work and producing out of season varieties and some seedless vaerieties too. I don't go there often but if I visit next time, I will try to share pictures.

Return to “Introduction”