Salam everyone

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Khadijah
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: I am totally new to gardening. I would like to develop a fragrant garden.

Salam everyone

Post by Khadijah »

My name is Khadija. I have been browsing this forum for the last few days now. I am a complete newbie when it comes to gardening, but I must say this site has enlightened me and I have learnt a lot.
I am a doctor by profession so I preferred self sufficient plants as I couldn't give my garden much time.
But ever since I have gotten more involved in the process of planting, fertilizing and watching new life emerge from the earth, I have become more enthusiastic about tending to my new 'children'.
My main goal is to acquire pretty, fragrant flowers. Since I don't have much botanical knowledge, I rely on the internet for plant names and pictures. But when I go to the nurseries I don't know the local names so I end up spending an excessive amount of time trying to figure out what to buy.
Through this forum I am hopeful to get the guidance I need to make my garden 'a heaven of smell'. :D
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Re: Salam everyone

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Hi Khadijah. You're from my own city. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Post by muhammadimran7 »

welcome to the forum.
Khadijah
Gardening Interests: I am totally new to gardening. I would like to develop a fragrant garden.

Post by Khadijah »

Thanks friends.
Khadijah

Post by Khadijah »

Thanks friends.
I recently bought a gardenia with 3 good flower buds. But alas they have fallen off. Please help
umair0202
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Flowering trees, Brugmansia, Flowering bulbs, kitchen gardening etc.

Post by umair0202 »

Walaikum Salam,
I recommend you to select perennial plants so they are permanent.
If the plant is re-poted or their root has shaken their leaves or flowers may fall.
In addition excessive water also causes flower falling.
Specially in flowering season water less. More water encourages leaf growth therefore water less in flowering season to get more flowers.

Return to “Introduction”