Fruit Tribe

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

FruitTribe
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Fruit Plants

Fruit Tribe

Post by FruitTribe »

Asalam o Alaykum Everyone,

Shariq here. I have a startup named Fruit Tribe ( www.fb.com/FruitTribe ) , where we envision a fruit city, i.e urban landscape surrounded by Fruit trees.

Primarily, we hope that people will use their lawns/gardens/farms to grow Fruit Trees. So, we offer a variety of exotic & normal Fruit Plants.

Also, I am interested in reaching out to people who have collection of Exotic fruit plants, & subsequently offer those plants to wider audience.

Looking forward for networking and learning.

warm regards.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Fruit Tribe

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Fruit trees on road side except Jaman are a failure.
Fruit trees in your house are heven for fruit flies, others are consumed in quantity that a few plants do not contribute much.
I find Bananas and lemons the best utility fruit plants.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Fruit Tribe

Post by Izhar »

I second Sir. Arif's point of view.... nowadays many people with little knowledge of gardening and urban landscaping urge others to plant fruit trees on side walks, parks and road side... they dont realise that first of all trees do not grow by themselves in Karachi.. you must water them for 12-18 months before they could fetch their own water... fruit trees attracts so many insects and produce litter, you cannot park your car under these trees when the fruits are getting ripe..

Return to “Introduction”